Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Games Podcasts

Started by Custard, January 23, 2012, 03:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Could any of you saucy lot recommend any decent podcasts on games?

I listen to Midlife Gamer on occasion, but have found it pretty samey and tiresome lately. It's certainly the most listenable games podcast I've found, mind, and the two hosts are likeable and knowledgeable enough

Currently trying out the GamesRadar UK podcast, which is new (it's up to episode five) and it seems enjoyable enough so far, if a little dull and rambling

Is it just me, or is there really not that many quality, fun, interesting podcasts on the subject? Could anyone recommend a good 'un?

madhair60

I do one, but it's shit.

There should be a CaB one where I basically explain why everyone else is wrong and that gaming has never exceeded Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse on the Sega Master System.

vrailaine

A Life Well Wasted only ran for six episodes but I really liked it. Not really that much about games though.

Also listen to retronauts on 1up pretty regularly, which is okay, again not about recent games at all though, old games and their memories of them and so on.

Basically, I'm a lot more interested on things relating to games like memories and lifestyles and so on than anything to do with new ones

micanio

Destructoid do an online tv show and a podcast that are quite good. Revision3 ( the parent company) do a whole raft of online tv shows about all sorts actually. Not bad for wasting a few hours...

Paaaaul

One Life Left - a great podcast, for gamers, but not necessarily a great podcast for gamers.

Eis Nein

RebelFM and PCGamerUK have pretty good discussions. Like all good podcasts, chemistry is important.

mikeyg27

I quite like Nerdist's The Indoor Kids, though I find that it's quite dependent on who their guest is. The Paul Scheer one where he discusses owning the alternate universe of popular gaming is rather good.

Quote from: madhair60 on January 23, 2012, 03:53:14 PMThere should be a CaB one where I basically explain why everyone else is wrong and that gaming has never exceeded Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse on the Sega Master System.

I'd listen to it. Each week a different board member has a go at changing your mind and fails.

SetToStun

Quote from: madhair60 on January 23, 2012, 03:53:14 PMThere should be a CaB one where I basically explain why everyone else is wrong and that gaming has never exceeded Flashback on the Sega Mega Drive.

Fixed that one for you, matey.

madhair60

SetToStun

HappyTree

Thursday

It's specifically a playstation one, but I sometimes enjoy the PSM3 podcast, it's tied in with the magazine, but it can be interesting and amusing, partly depending on who's on it.

vrailaine

Quote from: mikeyg27 on January 23, 2012, 06:28:39 PM
I quite like Nerdist's The Indoor Kids, though I find that it's quite dependent on who their guest is. The Paul Scheer one where he discusses owning the alternate universe of popular gaming is rather good.
Listening to this now, the hosts seem kinda clueless, Scheer seems to know way more than them.
The nerdists whole schtick annoys me in general though.

mikeyg27

I won't lie, I was mildly outraged when Dan Harmon had to explain to them what Minecraft was.

Custard

Cheers everyone for your recommendations. I will be seeking them all out!

Quote from: HappyTree on January 25, 2012, 05:44:31 PM
I quite like Gamecast from MSN.

Just listened to the first four of these. Not usually a big Iain Lee fan, but found myself really enjoying it. Looking forward to hearing more

Fanking yew!

turnstyle

Giantbombcast is my gaming podcast of choice.

I also listen to Gamers with Jobs, but it can be a little hit and miss.

Would echo the Retronauts recommendation too, although if it's a call-in show (FUCKING NERDS, LADS) I don't bother.

j_u_d_a_s

Videogamer.com's podcast is must-listen fodder to me. It's a very loose conversation between 4 journos from the site with a lot of diversions into comedy but there's a very tangible passion for gaming too. Very unpretentious and even when talking about subjects I couldn't give a stuff about, they always tend to be very interesting.