Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:07:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Caretaker/Leyland Kirby (and V/Vm, to a lesser extent)

Started by Subtle Mocking, January 27, 2012, 11:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

justin_bennett

Postie just delivered the missing red vinyl and I've now got a full set of V/Vm Snooker Loopiness.  Always guaranteed to get rid of folk who have outstayed their welcome of an evening...

Twed

jobotic

Porter Dimi

Stage 4 might be The Caretaker's best album to date.

holyzombiejesus

Final album and represses of the previous 5 instalments have just gone on sale along with a free download.

https://thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/album/everywhere-an-empty-bliss

https://boomkat.com/artists/the-caretaker

What a stunning series of albums. Not sure if he's retiring the Caretaker name now, lots of his social media messages have an air of finality about them although he could just be referring to the culmination of the Everywhere At The End Of Time project.

purlieu

I'm pretty sure he announced the series as the end of the project. Which is fine, it's mostly utterly brilliant, but also a very finite concept so it's great he's decided to make such an epic yet comprehensive final statement with it.

Campbell Soupe

jobotic

I don't know why, possibly because you can have too much of something and I loved the Sebald albums and the similar stuff he released under his own name, but I haven't listened to this dementia stuff. The first one on the download though - wow. Love how you can just just make out a singer in there somewhere. Best thing since We Cannot Escape the Past.

edit: having listened to the rest it's not even the best one on there, although it works best as a whole. Will be buying all of this.

Lost Oliver

Thanks CaB for making me revisit this. I plan to listen to all in one in go today.