Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Ferris messing with me?

Started by VegaLA, January 29, 2012, 08:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHmEo0Bx7Q

Doesn't look legit, nothing on IMDB about it and it has a date for May (or Feb). Some joke he shot with a friend while at a hotel? Or could this be the real thing? And if so, is it welcome after all this time?

Your thoughts, please.

BlodwynPig

The Plunger

Is it not supposed to be some Toyota advert for during the Superbowl or something ? I bloddy hope so. What good can come from any form of Ferris Bueller update ? The film is perfection, leave it be.

Bad Ambassador

The date is 5 Feb, since they have the dates backwards in America. It's definately something to do with the Superbowl, but might not necessarily be an advert.

Unless it's a trailer.

Even if it really is Ferris 2, if it's not written by John Hughes, its quality is automatically suspect.

Dead kate moss

I hate Ferris Beuller. I think he's a little wanker. There, I said it.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I hope his friend drives his dad's car out a window again.

Dead kate moss

Blumf

Become a Bueller Truther! Buildings don't vomit out cars!

Jemble Fred

Ferris Bueller is one of those films I should have seen when I was a kid, along with the likes of Weird Science (which I watched endlessly), but I never did, and from what I have seen I'm certain it's a film which i could never appreciate cold, 30 years on, as an adult, without any nostalgia involved.

Ergo, Inspector Gadget can fuck off.

babyshambler

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on January 30, 2012, 02:17:47 AM
I hope his friend drives his dad's car out a window again.

This got a genuine lol from me. I thought you should know.

dr_christian_troy

I'd rather see a sequel to Election, to be honest (and let the already excellent FBDO be), although I have no idea how that would work.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Jemble Fred on January 30, 2012, 09:12:33 AM
Ferris Bueller is one of those films I should have seen when I was a kid, along with the likes of Weird Science (which I watched endlessly), but I never did, and from what I have seen I'm certain it's a film which i could never appreciate cold, 30 years on, as an adult, without any nostalgia involved.

I'm only 25 and I saw it for the first time when I was about 18, around 2005, and I still absolutely love the film to pieces. Maybe it comes full-circle though and if you're an old codger who was around to see its release you might not appreciate watching it all these years later.

Quote from: Dead kate moss on January 30, 2012, 01:55:51 AM
There, I said it.

just kidding about the old codger thing like

Crabwalk

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on January 30, 2012, 04:38:58 PM
Turns out it's a Honda commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VhkDdayA4iA?modestbranding=1

Shame on you Broderick. Worst act of good-will self-destruction since Dennis Hopper and that fucking Ford ad.

olliebean

Oh dear god. Done with so little wit, too. For shame.

As someone (can't remember who) pointed out on twitter: Is Mathew Broderick a good choice to be advertising cars?

VegaLA

Quote from: Stone Cold Jane Austen on January 31, 2012, 06:09:58 AM
As someone (can't remember who) pointed out on twitter: Is Mathew Broderick a good choice to be advertising cars?

It's OK, he's driving on the right side of the road.