Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:02:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[TECHY] My PC has blown up.

Started by Purple Tentacle, June 17, 2004, 12:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Still Not George

A note for those who haven't realised it yet:

I was joking about the virus thing. Pshuh. As if the link to a Microsoft page dealing with 'Stupid Virus Hoaxes' didn't give that away...

Good to hear you're back up and running again, PT. Ignore these fools and their Mac malcontent.

edit: Link to a Microsoft link? What the fuck am I on about? I hate Mondays.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Still Not George"Good to hear you're back up and running again, PT. Ignore these fools and their Mac malcontent.

EeeeeeeeeeeeeeEE jinxed!!!!!

No, I've only got a new case.... the Frankenstein style reassemblege and electricity "It's Aliiiiiive" will only happen when I get home..... the motherboard could still be blown as far as I know.

I WAS wondering if it was possible to overload a PSU with software though, you scamp.....

Still Not George

Well, unless some poor bugger's got a directly software-controlled PSU (eww), the only way would be to know exactly how much power your system uses, be using a PSU right on the knuckle, then use a system of calls deliberately designed to cause as high a level of power usage as possible (constant high-level DVD activity, constant hard drive activity, maxed-out processor usage - preferably complex math just to keep all of it running, constant pointless signals along USB connectors, and so on). I suppose then it'd be possible, but it's a lot of work.

It's easier just to tell the printer to clean the print head 17x10^40 times. Heh.

pfflam

Hehe

what a bomb I dropped. . . .

Um yeah . . whatever, its no big deal really, is it?

Purple Tentacle

Thank you baby Jesus!

Sadly a starving child in Africa had to do without a prayer while baby Jesus told me to blow on my RAM.

Cerys

Yay!  (About your computer being alive again, not about the sprog being deprived.)