Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:41:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's this from? (Creepy moving gif from a horror film (presumably))

Started by dr_christian_troy, February 07, 2012, 02:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

Does anyone know which film this is from?

I found it amidst a collection of creepy moving gifs (don't ask), but rather annoyingly, neither they nor the comments appear to reveal where this particular gif comes from.

dr_christian_troy

Cor! Ta El.

As a side note, if you have a peek through those creepy gifs, aside from a few that obviously aren't from films, there's one or two I've since identified which have left me wanting to investigate.

One of which is The Poughkeepsie Tapes, which apparently has never been released on DVD, but looks like a http://regretfulmorning.com/2011/04/scary-gifs/?pid=884 indeed.

I won't post these ones directly, as they are potentially too unsettling or creepy to embed here, but if anyone can identify where these come from, I'd be both grateful and impressed:
http://regretfulmorning.com/2011/04/scary-gifs/?pid=881 (Flamingo leg women in pink dresses)
http://regretfulmorning.com/2011/04/scary-gifs/?pid=886 (Adult head on weird chicken body being squeezed)
http://regretfulmorning.com/2011/04/scary-gifs/?pid=889 (Exorcist-style face lying down)

alan nagsworth

madhair60

Haha, gif didn't even load and I still knew it was gonna be Xtro.

dr_christian_troy

QuoteOne of which is The Poughkeepsie Tapes, which apparently has never been released on DVD, but looks like a creepy bugger indeed.

Just fixed the link there.

BlodwynPig

You guys are not doing me any favours! Funky forest looks interesting though.

dr_christian_troy

In regards to the Xtro clip in the first post there, I was disappointed to see that was about it, for moments like that.

I initially pictured the concept of a forest being filled with horrific creatures like that, which would make for an interesting film. The concept of driving down a wooded lane and seeing something momentarily by the side of the road is a very appealing idea, and one that should be explored more often, especially with glimpses of similar disturbing creatures. A smashing moment I wouldn't have guessed was from 1983.

Famous Mortimer

The Poughkeepsie Tapes is a nice idea, and has some good buzz around it, but in reality is pretty boring.

small_world

That's a Volvo 240 in the first clip.

I've got one of those, it's my 'weekend car'.

Dark Sky

What's number 14?  Some kind of Hellraiser sequel?  The main screaming boy looks cute, yay

That Funky Forest clip is freaky.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Dark Sky on February 08, 2012, 12:07:16 AM
What's number 14?  Some kind of Hellraiser sequel?  The main screaming boy looks cute, yay

I believe it's from Event Horizon.

Still aching to know where the creepy lying down face and bird legs clips are from though.

Paaaaul

Check my earlier post.

Yes, that's Event Horizon, and others are from Rec 2, The Ring and The Grudge from memory.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Paaaaul on February 08, 2012, 12:53:35 AM
Check my earlier post.

Aha! Ta. I like how the credits are longer than the actual film though.

I guess if anything is to be taken from this thread, I suppose I will put forth the question -

Which film moments (albeit 1 to 10 seconds or so) of sheer unsettling creepiness stand out for you?

biggytitbo

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on February 07, 2012, 11:29:22 AM
In regards to the Xtro clip in the first post there, I was disappointed to see that was about it, for moments like that.

I initially pictured the concept of a forest being filled with horrific creatures like that, which would make for an interesting film. The concept of driving down a wooded lane and seeing something momentarily by the side of the road is a very appealing idea, and one that should be explored more often, especially with glimpses of similar disturbing creatures. A smashing moment I wouldn't have guessed was from 1983.
There speaks a man whose never driven down the wooded lanes around Cottingham.

Someone shroud put up a gif of that dog with a man's head from from invasion of the body snatchers. That's horrible.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Dark Sky on February 08, 2012, 12:07:16 AM
That Funky Forest clip is freaky.

It's got Asano Tadanobu in it. Might have to give it a watch now.

Dark Sky

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on February 08, 2012, 12:36:00 AM
I believe it's from Event Horizon.

Gah, I knew lying to everyone that I'd seen that film would backfire on me at some point!

*goes to order it from Amazon*

Pseudopath

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on February 08, 2012, 01:11:37 AM
Which film moments (albeit 1 to 10 seconds or so) of sheer unsettling creepiness stand out for you?

The infamous corridor scene from Exorcist III springs to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

Replies From View

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on February 07, 2012, 11:29:22 AM

It was very creepy in the gif, the way it looks and suddenly moves, and so on.  Unfortunately the film shows us one of those creatures in close-up before the car drives past one, so the impact is lost a bit.

BlodwynPig

Koant