Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Musical Project

Started by Beagle 2, February 07, 2012, 01:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falafel

biniput

Quote from: NoSleep on November 06, 2013, 09:12:46 PM
You really think that's all you'd have to do to avoid copyright? Nah, mate.

A parody would be copyright free???

NoSleep

A parody would be copyright free if it avoided copying the melodies and the chord changes note for note and was simply along the lines of the original song. Even that might get you into trouble. The rule you hear over and over is that, as popular music is essentially variations on a relatively small number themes, you can have 7 bars of music that sound like somebody else's song before you have to move elsewhere.

Puffin Chunks

Sooooo....

When's does it look like the launch party is likely to happen?

NoSleep

Not sure, but the album will be uploaded to Bandcamp by the end of today (nobody but me will be able to access it until the launch).

NoSleep

Johnny Textface

NoSleep

Can everyone send me some "sleevenotes" about their track (via PM, please) also any composition credits, lyrics or additional info you would like associated with your individual track. Also any tags you would like added for your own track (seriously; these can bring people to the download if done properly, so some genre info, etc, please).

NoSleep

OK a reminder about ^^^^ for all those who haven't bothered as yet. Also a call to arms for the launch of the new album.

I've started a thread in General Bullshit/T'issues To Hand to advertise the launch of the album on Sunday, when I'll be casting live on CaB Radio from around 3PM. Keep this thread healthily bumped until then, to ensure the maximum number people get to know about it: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,39305.0.html

I would like to conduct some Skype conversations live on air with any of you who are up for it (although writing a blurb about your track which I can include on the Bandcamp site and read out on Sunday would suffice).

NoSleep

The launch has been moved to this coming Sunday (see the other thread linked to in the above post - and then bump it again).

Any chance of any of you being around during it? Tuning in, joining me in the CaB IRC chatroom and being prepared to Skype in when your track is coming up, so that I can talk with you about it or anything else. Who's up for that?

You can set up an IRC client (better than using the java one that is linked to when the radio banner is up) like Mibbit, or Chatzilla (a Firefox add-on). On Mac, try Colloquy. The details for connecting (you can test this any time; the chatroom is available 24/7) are:
address: demeter.portalx.org
port: 6667
room: #cookdandbombd

hummingofevil

I think I will be around this Sunday. Not sure about Skype but I'll see if I can set it up.

How many people on the record have vaguely been in touch since you announced a launch date?

NoSleep

I've got 7, so far. I'm wondering whether to put something in for rudi, which'll make 8? I'll check back through my pm's and see if he left any comments.

Johnny Textface

I'll be around Sunday and make sure I'm on chat (as much as having a 10 month old daughter will allow anyway).

And in the throws of attempting to make my track sound interesting in words..... ugh

Puffin Chunks

I may not be around on Sunday, but if I am I'll be up for chatting a bit.

NoSleep

Quote from: Johnny Textface on November 26, 2013, 08:13:39 PM
ugh

Is that all you could come up with? It's a bit James Brown.

BTW, it's "throes".

Johnny Textface

Yeah I'm not the best at this sleevenote business.

Do you have any examples of what you're after?

Can you throe me a bone?

NoSleep

Quote from: Johnny Textface on November 29, 2013, 02:14:50 PM
Yeah I'm not the best at this sleevenote business.

Do you have any examples of what you're after?

Take a look at the individual entries on Bandcamp for the previous album. This time around a lot of people are explaining how they used the oblique strategies to arrive at their finished tune (amongst other things). You could always throw a curve and just write a poem, story or aphorism instead.

BTW, all. You can submit individual track art if you wish. Also there's a category for lyrics to be added, too.

Most importantly, some sensible tags for attracting useful traffic, please. Mad ones too, of course.

Dusty Gozongas

A bump here in case anybody skips right past T'issues to hand.  Stream is up now.

hummingofevil

Its sounding bloody lovely so far.