Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:28:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Exciting leisure centres

Started by Replies From View, February 13, 2012, 03:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Vinnie01 on December 19, 2017, 07:17:04 PM
Love to try them out one evening.

You don't have to break in, Vinnie!  Do it in the daytime!

Vinnie01

Quote from: Replies From View on December 19, 2017, 09:03:43 PM
You don't have to break in, Vinnie!  Do it in the daytime!

The manager knows me because I work with his wife. I think the diving boards are only open in the evenings at certain times. I think this more to do with how they arrange their pool. I know last time I went in there, school kids were doing things in the diving pool. I 1st properly spoke with the manager after a work function that I was working on. He was giving me tips with the stupid facial recognition system to clock in/out that we have at work, even the leisure centre uses it too. Also I live 5 mins from the leisure centre where I travel 8 miles to work. Swimming pools at night time probley has a lot more chemicals in there to keep it clean.

PowerButchi

My local Leisure Centre, Plas Madoc, is known for the quality of it's wave machine. They come from as far away as Corwen for it. Heralded by an air raid siren, such is it's power.

steve98

Some great factual content in this thread, I've learned a lot of interesting stuff. It's great to have a thread where people really know their onions, instead of the usual gibberish and nonsense.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Vinnie01

Group of Guys had a wail of time in the Aquadrome in Basingstoke during the night after the pool was closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5RkXK5f4m0&t=2s

Also my local lesiure centre does Shock the pool at night after closure. If these guys tried that, probley come out with either itchy or sore skin.

Vinnie01

Got 10 free swam pass and access to the sauna from the leisure center manager who came to my work place with his wife. Last night they had the diving boards open to public. Yay.

2 Other Leisure centers with slides and waves are in Bourne and Stamford, not visited them yet.

There is a swimming pool in Hykeham that has a waterslide that plays music. Many people think it is crappy and boring. The pool itself is a standard pool, never understood why it has a waterslide.

Twed

I treasure you, Vinnie01. I hope that doesn't sound too patronising. I just really value how into swimming pools you are without being boring about it at all. I can't even swim and I care about what you tell us.

steve98

I'd agree with Twed there; it's lovely to see such enthusiasm (at first I thought you might be takin' the micky  lol )

Can I ask you something Vinnie? Is there anything new to be done with indoor pools/leisure Centres? We've got wave-machines; we've got slides and diving boards and flumes... but what's the next quantum leap going to be? Maybe some kind of bungee thing? Or........... O I dunno.

Vinnie01

Quote from: steve98 on December 23, 2017, 09:46:28 PM
I'd agree with Twed there; it's lovely to see such enthusiasm (at first I thought you might be takin' the micky  lol )

Can I ask you something Vinnie? Is there anything new to be done with indoor pools/leisure Centres? We've got wave-machines; we've got slides and diving boards and flumes... but what's the next quantum leap going to be? Maybe some kind of bungee thing? Or........... O I dunno.

I can be more enthusiastic with the computers as I am a UNIX nerd, who likes learning to program in C programming languages. Shame most leisure centers use Windows and not my kind of stuff as I grown up with (Command lines starting with DOS).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Do you find lots of pools with fun stuff like slides and wave machines overchlorinated because of their concerns regarding children and incontinent adults releasing wee from their penises and vaginas and poo from their anuses into the pool?

My last trip to such a place ended uncomfortably with itchy eyes that felt like sand had been emptied into them.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 24, 2017, 07:48:56 AM
Do you find lots of pools with fun stuff like slides and wave machines overchlorinated because of their concerns regarding children and incontinent adults releasing wee from their penises and vaginas and poo from their anuses into the pool?

My last trip to such a place ended uncomfortably with itchy eyes that felt like sand had been emptied into them.

That sounds like a lot of sand if it was emptied in.  There's a limit to how small a container can be when it contains sand.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

weekender

To be fair, I've had someone complain that I was partially sitting on their desk on the grounds that I could release "poo particles", so nothing would surprise me.

steve98

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 24, 2017, 03:34:10 PM
It felt like a lot of sand.

That sounds more like a sea than a pool (or an ocean).

weekender

Sounds to me like Shoulders has cold, dark, empty - but most importantly hollow - eyes into which you can enter sand.  Or other stuff, if that's your bag.

Vinnie01

Letchworth swimming pool had loads of sand in the pool and the wave machine's chamber.

Believed to be caused by people who take canoes there. I never seen a pool that ends up having loads of sand on the floor. I was also told the sand in the filters can turn in to concreate. Piss probley reacts with cholrine. Some pools probley shocked it and probley not cleared enough of the strong chemicals.

Broxbourne Swimming pool was closed down, due to neglect.

Vinnie01

Group of guys tried to stay in Oasis Swindon over night on Ally Law's latest video. They got chased out by the police. I believe the staff there are well on the ball.

Title: WE ESCAPED! Police chased us out of Waterpark Overnight Challenge!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrMAOMKm3m8

Replies From View

Why does he keep thwacking his hand towards the camera every few words as he speaks?  A very annoying man.

Good to see the Swindon Oasis getting some attention, though.

Twed

Quote from: Replies From View on January 07, 2018, 11:37:30 AM
Why does he keep thwacking his hand towards the camera every few words as he speaks?  A very annoying man.
In 2018, he died.

BritishHobo

Got to say I do love watching Ally Law's videos. I miss when it was way more climbing than overnight challenges, 'cos the videos of him climbing stuff like the Pepsi Max or massive buildings are really hypnotic and I love shit like that on YouTube, but at the same time I'm finding it kinda good fun watching him sneak into these places (except in the scant ones where he's joined by an obnoxious lumpy-faced twat). His New Year video felt like a fuckin disaster movie, running through half-constructed buildings while the London Eye fireworks thundered outside.

Some of his fans are fucking thick though. Ally and one of his non-lumpy-faced mates stumbled their way into a party hosted by one of the building managers, who naturally stopped him and got guards in. Some of the YouTube commenters then convinced themselves they were going to get the guy fired for hosting a party which they'd simply decided was illegal and secret and without the knowledge of some nebulous boss figure. Even though it was a massive crowd of families watching the fireworks, WITH GUARDS. And the irony of trying to get a guy fired for hosting a (you've assumed) illegal break-in party, while you celebrate someone who literally makes their channel on sneaking in to buildings to party, was entirely lost on them.

Replies From View

That's the Legend Gary demographic for you.

Vinnie01

There was another that involved a waterpark called Waterworld  in Stoke on Trent. They had police officers with dogs in there. They couldn't go down the waterslide as they went to try it.

That very 1st video titled "We can't believe, we got away with this". This showed the Quays Leisure center. They hid in the flume. I notice when the light shines on the flume your shadow can be seen from outside. I noticed this at Cleethorpes. That lifeguard who tried to flush them out either heard them (they were loud enough) or saw their shadow.

I think he should try Windsor Leisure Centre on the Royal Wedding. They probley can get away with hiding in the Cyclone flume.

Vinnie01

Great Yarmouth Leisure center is set to be demolished. May try to urban explore it before doing so.

nedthemumbler

Can't see it mentioned but Water Meadows is the only reason to visit Mansfield, or at least it was when I was twenty years younger.  You could buy crisps!  Out of a machine! 

And usually half sick them back up into your mouth underwater.

Replies From View

Quote from: nedthemumbler on January 08, 2018, 09:04:13 AM
Can't see it mentioned but Water Meadows is the only reason to visit Mansfield, or at least it was when I was twenty years younger.  You could buy crisps!  Out of a machine! 

My first experience of vending machines was in Bath Leisure Centre where I used to go swimming in the 80s.  There was a 50-50 chance of the confectionary getting stuck in the bastard machine, and nobody existed who could help if that happened.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Did you try using the snack machine instead?

Replies From View

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 08, 2018, 09:59:55 AM
Did you try using the snack machine instead?

It was just the one machine for snacks and confectionary in those days.

Vinnie01

Quote from: nedthemumbler on January 08, 2018, 09:04:13 AM

I came across Water medows in Mansfield when visiting the town. Cleethorpes just has vending machines and no cafe too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Replies From View on January 08, 2018, 10:19:41 AM
It was just the one machine for snacks and confectionary in those days.

Who would have a bastard for a snack?

Arnold the Schwarzenegger.