Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:32:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Exciting leisure centres

Started by Replies From View, February 13, 2012, 03:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnie01

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 04, 2021, 06:18:15 PM
I know large people can swim but I wouldn't trust a few of the people working at ours for an urgent response to a life threatening incident. More likely to cause the chair to collapse. They all look bored as fuck.

1 particular life guard at Hatfield always looked miseriable when he was watching the diving boards. Lifeguards at Lincoln most likely get the police involved when shit stirs up in their local pool, no thanks to the chavs there. I have seen police cars outside of the leisure there before many times.

Vinnie01

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 04, 2021, 06:18:15 PM
I know large people can swim but I wouldn't trust a few of the people working at ours for an urgent response to a life threatening incident. More likely to cause the chair to collapse. They all look bored as fuck.

With my current conditions that I been dealing with this year, I don't think a lifeguard role will be appropiate. Knowing me I will fall asleep on the job as I do have fatigue. With my 1 of the OCDs it only takes some asshole to piss me off and I probley let him drown. My other health condition wont allow it anyway.
I don't think my nurse will approve me working on this type of job.

I not even foot in to another leisure centre since that wave machine plant visit in 2019.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Vinnie01 on September 21, 2021, 06:53:26 PMit only takes some asshole to piss me off and I probley let him drown.

I would back you up 100% on this Vin.

Vinnie01

Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 21, 2021, 07:15:32 PM
I would back you up 100% on this Vin.

After what I been going to the CPN for since the illness, I do kind of have that mindset. or I probley dunk the assholes underwater. I am too out of shape for swimming anyway.

shiftwork2

I hope you're getting some improvement from seeing the CPN Vinnie.

This classic thread jumps into life quite sporadically now but I think it's nice to note here that it'll be 10 years old in February, should it go dormant for a bit.

Vinnie01

I think it was as result of finding the forum.

CPN has been great with me along with support workers.

I not been in to a leisure centre since 2019 anyway.

Chedney Honks

Vinnie, I just want to say you're one of my favourite ever contributors on here. Some might point out there's only a handful who actually post anything worth reading but you're right up there in the elite. Hope you're recovering after this dogshit couple of years and when you're ready, I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts from your visits and travels. All the best.

Blumf

One of the pools in Stourbridge leisure centre has got a leak:

[Pool, in happier times]

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/dudley/2021/10/23/pool-left-high-and-dry-at-leisure-centre/
QuoteThe pool, complete with slides, a beach area, bubble seat, toddler slide and water feature was left high and dry when the water drained away overnight.

A statement on the centre's web page said that a technical fault meant the pool would be closed on Saturday and Sunday (October 23-24), right at the start of the Autumn half-term holiday for children.

A spokeswoman for the leisure centre said she didn't know why the pool had drained.

However, a member of the public who visited the leisure centre to find the pool devoid of water, said staff told them a filter had been left out, causing the pool to drain.

Staff also said told customers the pool is being refilled with a hose but that will take "a long time",

But the hose didn't work!

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/dudley/2021/10/26/residents-pour-scorn-on-dudley-council-over-drained-swimming-pool-in-stourbridge/
QuoteCouncillor Simon Phipps, cabinet member responsible for leisure centres, confirmed the Stourbridge leisure centre's pool will be out of action for the foreseeable future.

He said: "Due to an issue with a water filter, the leisure pool at Crystal Leisure Centre, Stourbridge, is closed until further notice.

Last time I went to Stourbridge, it smelt of piss.