Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It’s a window… not a flag

Started by Blumf, February 20, 2012, 12:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

The Windows 8 logo, dull or what?

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2012/02/17/redesigning-the-windows-logo.aspx

I kind of agree with the sentiment to refocus on it being an actual window even if that is a little over literal, but this thing looks like a few seconds work in whatever MS uses for drafting (possibly just PowerPoint)

I think the worst part is the really dull choice of font. They could have tried to bring back some serifs, all this sans love is getting a bit boring.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Reminds me of the nokia lumia and it's panes.

I think the design of the original panel was quite ahead of its time, and you can see the slight nod to it in the current design.

They should've stuck with the red/green/blue/yellow image in my opinion, but the shape needed a bit of a rebrand.

Famous Mortimer

I remember Windows 98 with fondness, cos you could replace the loading screen with a picture of Ferris Bueller's face and the logo "Windows 86".

mcbpete

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 20, 2012, 01:45:24 PM
I think the design of the original panel was quite ahead of its time, and you can see the slight nod to it in the current design.

Hey that's actually really nice - never seen that before.

I think the main thing I really dislike about the new logo is the perspective - it just makes it look really cheap. Maybe they should go the whole hog and add a drop shadow and lens flare on there too ....

Blumf

Two brain farts, probably took more time than MS did:

First one, meh, not quiet hitting it, unbalanced.

Second is probably better, brings in the XBox logo which makes sense.