Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Blue Jam better when you're tired?

Started by skibz, June 19, 2004, 03:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skibz

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=172

Quote from: "Chris Morris"`I seriously did want it to go out at three in the morning. I thought that was about the latest time of day that could be late without being early. It's a sort of - really it's an autumnal, middle of the night show. You need to be as far from light as possible. In the winter, 11 o'clock is okay, but in the summer when it's only just got dark, I don't think so.'

I can't really figure this one out. One the plus side, its quite cool to listen to Blue Jam with its weird slowed down voices etc. when you're a little spaced out from staying up, but it's not really the best way to experience the comedy, surely?

Whenever I've listened to it at about 3 in the morning I've found myself nodding off or trying to stay up but not really understanding any of it. Whilst that's probably the feel the show is trying to create, a programme that can effectively alter the mood of the listener must be successful in communicating its humour by itself, not relying on environmental conditions to get the full effect.

I think where I'm getting confused is that I always thought Blue Jam was just a music show with sketches to break up the tunes (and thus intended to be listened to once, at the time, and not recorded for later listening), until the CD and the jam DVD came out (at which point I wasn't sure...)

Or am I reading far too much meaning into all of this...