Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

MixingSoundEditingVideo

Started by chocky909, March 01, 2012, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocky909

I've been wanting to film some pinball tables in action but the mic on my video camera is poor and so I have an audio recorder I use to record gigs that I'd rather use to record the sound and then edit together with the video. I was wondering if anyone here does that kind of thing and whether they might share some tips. Obviously the simpler the better regarding software but if I can be pointed in the direction of a tutorial I can probably manage. I know about the clapper board technique (yeah, that's what all the film people call it) which gives you a sync point to work from but after that I'm lost and never really even mucked about with Windows Movie Maker. I did think about buying a video camera with a mic in but I'm always buying shit that I'll never use so I'd rather try to work with what I've got seeing as I'll probably film a couple of videos then never do it again.

chocky909

Anyone? I just need some software recommendations for easy combining of seperate audio and video with basic editing on the side.

Consignia

Have you tried Avidemux? It's exceedingly basic, but it might just be enough for your needs.

Neomod

You could try the following:

Sony Vegas
Powerdirector
Adobe Premier Elements

Powerdirector and Vegas are quite straightforward to use, Premier seemed a bit bloated  when I used it.

There are probably others but these are the three I've used.

El Unicornio, mang

I would also recommend Vegas, it only took me a few minutes to get the hang of it and make a short video with captions and music. Very easy to get started with (although possibly tricky with the more advanced stuff)

Robot DeNiro

Yup, I'd recommend Vegas.  I'm happy to attempt to give tech support via PM if need be.

mcbpete

Yep, Vegas from me also - Perfect learning curve depending on how far you want to go with it.

lazyhour

I've worked with Adobe Premiere Pro (PC) and Final Cut Pro (Mac), and the latest edition of Sony Vegas compares very favourably with them for pretty much all non-pro or semi-pro requirements. It's also much easier for a layperson to get to grips with.

I bought it very recently in the 'Production Suite' pack - £30 on Amazon - because that also comes with DVD/Blu-Ray authoring software AND Sony Sound Forge, which is a very decent sound file editor.

Don't forget to buy it through CaB if you want to give it a go...

chocky909

Cool. Sounds like I should check Vegas out first. Thanks to Robot for the offer of help too, I'll probably need it.

I'll maybe post my first successful edit here later. Cheers all!