Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Shit' films which you actually quite like

Started by Custard, March 04, 2012, 11:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Some sequels which are a bit shit but I like:

Predator 2 - It's Predator, but in a big city!

Home Alone 2 - It's Home Alone, but in a big city!

Short Circuit 2 - It's Short Circuit, but in a big city!

Basically, put a character I like in a big city and I'm quite satisfied.

Custard

Still not seen Predator 2. Gonna see how long I can keep that going for. See also: Lord Of The Cocking Rings

I'm 'ard, me!

Though I did see Predators. That was shit, wasn't it. Did anyone enjoy that?

Blumf

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 16, 2012, 08:10:24 PM

Predator 2 is usually mentioned in the list of sequels that are as good as or better than the original films. It's not a shit film.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Predator 2 is alright, but anyone who thinks it's on par with the original is a damned fool.

Custard

The Predator franchise is a bit of a strange one, as the first film made quite an impact, did great business, and seemed prime to spawn upteen lesser sequels to cash-in, as these type of films tend to do. Yet it never really happened, did it? Did Predator 2 do really badly, then? Seems quite a bizarre choice to move it to the city and replace Arnie with... erm... Danny Glover, also

I mean, I have no beef with Danny Glover. Hell, I quite like Danny Glover. But come on, a Predator could have him well easy

And let's not even get started on the skinny accountant they plopped into Predators. Adrien Brody couldn't have your mum on her darkest, most drunken night

Cohaagen

Predator 2, while not quite as good as the first, is still a fucking wicked film with tons of great moments. It anticipated the trilby revival, the rise of Fox News, and the subway shootout is fantastic. Plus, it has an AMAZING cast. Check it out: Glover, Busey, Paxton, Maria Conchita Alonso, Adam Baldwin (the False Baldwin), Robert Davi. That's the fuckin' dream team right there. King Willie is up there with Basil Wallace's Screwface as the best movie rasta of all time. The Playmate Teri Weigel also gets her plasma cannons out when the Voodoo Posse wax the Columbian while he's shagging.

Still, there are bits which make no sense whatsoever, such as how the Predator can heal eight shotgun blasts delivered point-blank to the chest with nothing more than a tube of fluourescent goo and some plaster ripped out a bathroom wall.

Custard

Well, that's me sold

Just bought it for 1p on Amazon marketplace

Blumf

Quote from: Cohaagen on March 17, 2012, 01:28:58 AM
Still, there are bits which make no sense whatsoever, such as how the Predator can heal eight shotgun blasts delivered point-blank to the chest with nothing more than a tube of fluourescent goo and some plaster ripped out a bathroom wall.

Space TCP... from SPACE!

SavageHedgehog

My favourite thing about Predator 2 is the "protective suit" Busey wears, which makes him look like Martin Fry. Sadly the only picture I could find of this online was in black and white, which doesn't convey the full effect.

And Short Circuit 2 is better than the first in many ways. Neither are very good, but I like both of them.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shameless on March 17, 2012, 12:56:42 AM
Still not seen Predator 2. Gonna see how long I can keep that going for. See also: Lord Of The Cocking Rings

I'm 'ard, me!
I've now vowed to never see Predator 2, until I'm on my deathbed.

The Roofdog

Babe 2: Pig in the City?

Dark Sky

Standard franchise rules.

1) Go to big city

2) Go into space

3) Reboot

All franchise have done this.  From Friday the 13th to The Muppets.

Quote from: The Roofdog on March 17, 2012, 08:58:52 AM

Babe 2: Pig in the City?

No no NO FUCK OFF with that!

Babe 2 is one of the greatest films ever made and does NOT belong in this thread.  Remove it at once!  REMOVE IT!

biggytitbo

Star trek 2:The Wrath of Khan follows the same formula, improbably sending the main characters into space.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Dark Sky on March 17, 2012, 12:29:06 PM

Babe 2 is one of the greatest films ever made and does NOT belong in this thread.  Remove it at once!  REMOVE IT!

Oh, indeed! I caught it by accident one Sunday afternoon on Five, as was amazed at how good it was. The bit where Babe is being chased by the staffie is bloody terrifying.

The arty farty cinema where I live recently showed Conan the Destroyer as part of a "bad film" season.

Now I haven't seen Conan the Destroyer since I was about 10 but have nothing but fond memories of it. Is it really that bad?