Author Topic: Viz Highlights  (Read 216897 times)

Re: Viz Highlights
« Reply #1020 on: August 08, 2020, 04:37:16 PM »
Must be the hilarious name and made up place that clinched it!

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #1021 on: August 08, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »
I had my name used once - I presume they go through the subscriber list and pick em out at random if they need (I am definitely not funny enough to get in Viz, an affliction I share with every single person who comments on Viz's Facebook posts).

notjosh

• Golden Member
« Reply #1022 on: August 08, 2020, 05:20:56 PM »
Must be the hilarious name and made up place that clinched it!

I'm actually in London, but put the place I grew up as it sounds more Viz. Top tip for the rest of you unfunny lot.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #1023 on: August 08, 2020, 05:48:59 PM »
I think getting the star letter is the last bit of Viz I haven't got in and as a consequence I'm very jealous. Do I win a fiver?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Living proof of everything wrong with the world
« Reply #1024 on: August 08, 2020, 08:03:04 PM »
Deadly. Quality letter, definitely worthy of being the Star Letter.

« Reply #1025 on: August 08, 2020, 08:14:42 PM »
I'm actually in London, but put the place I grew up as it sounds more Viz. Top tip for the rest of you unfunny lot.
cheers

« Reply #1026 on: September 09, 2020, 08:00:51 AM »
The Secret Life Of Walter Shitty made me laugh this month. Barney Farmer does it again.

« Reply #1027 on: September 09, 2020, 04:22:44 PM »
I've only gone and made the Star Letter this month haven't I? Explain that one, boffins.

Well done, but this reminded me to go water my little green parasites, so it's another victory for them I'm afraid.

« Reply #1028 on: September 13, 2020, 09:00:02 AM »
Wasn't there some kind of running joke ages ago about how long it took for overseas subscribers to receive their issues?  Because I ordered a subscription 5 months ago and I've just received my first issue (September).

I know it's corona time and all that, but I was so incensed by the delay I put my foot through the magazine and sent them the etc etc

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1029 on: September 13, 2020, 10:51:49 AM »
There was the running joke of how it was stocked the world over, using what seemed to usually be the same photo of a shop in (I think) Nigeria with a bloke grinning behind the counter.

« Reply #1030 on: September 13, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »
Pre-2020 my subscription (in Australia) usually took a few weeks to arrive - later than the rushed via air mail copies in newsagents, a lot earlier than the regular two-months-late copies.

Earlier this year I got an email saying what with air mail barely being a thing now that overseas travel is hardly happening thanks to corona, they'd be shipping copies by sea mail (but have a free digital subscription to make up for it), and since then they've been all over the place. One issue arrived roughly on time, there was a two month wait for the next, the one after that wasn't late at all and the September issue arrived a week or so ago while the August issue still hasn't shown up.

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #1031 on: September 13, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »
I haven’t seen a copy show up in Toronto in months. I let the subscription lapse and moved out of that apartment so the confused current resident will get about 10 copies of Viz some time in the next year.

Maybe they will like it so much they’ll subscribe.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1032 on: September 13, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »
This cropped up on twitter, so grim.