Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Viz Highlights

Started by Theremin, March 04, 2012, 10:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Must be the hilarious name and made up place that clinched it!

Famous Mortimer

I had my name used once - I presume they go through the subscriber list and pick em out at random if they need (I am definitely not funny enough to get in Viz, an affliction I share with every single person who comments on Viz's Facebook posts).

notjosh

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 08, 2020, 04:37:16 PM
Must be the hilarious name and made up place that clinched it!

I'm actually in London, but put the place I grew up as it sounds more Viz. Top tip for the rest of you unfunny lot.

BeardFaceMan

I think getting the star letter is the last bit of Viz I haven't got in and as a consequence I'm very jealous. Do I win a fiver?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Deadly. Quality letter, definitely worthy of being the Star Letter.

idunnosomename

Quote from: notjosh on August 08, 2020, 05:20:56 PM
I'm actually in London, but put the place I grew up as it sounds more Viz. Top tip for the rest of you unfunny lot.
cheers

Gulftastic

The Secret Life Of Walter Shitty made me laugh this month. Barney Farmer does it again.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: notjosh on August 08, 2020, 03:06:19 PM
I've only gone and made the Star Letter this month haven't I? Explain that one, boffins.

Well done, but this reminded me to go water my little green parasites, so it's another victory for them I'm afraid.

Sonny_Jim

Wasn't there some kind of running joke ages ago about how long it took for overseas subscribers to receive their issues?  Because I ordered a subscription 5 months ago and I've just received my first issue (September).

I know it's corona time and all that, but I was so incensed by the delay I put my foot through the magazine and sent them the etc etc

Sebastian Cobb

There was the running joke of how it was stocked the world over, using what seemed to usually be the same photo of a shop in (I think) Nigeria with a bloke grinning behind the counter.

13 schoolyards

Pre-2020 my subscription (in Australia) usually took a few weeks to arrive - later than the rushed via air mail copies in newsagents, a lot earlier than the regular two-months-late copies.

Earlier this year I got an email saying what with air mail barely being a thing now that overseas travel is hardly happening thanks to corona, they'd be shipping copies by sea mail (but have a free digital subscription to make up for it), and since then they've been all over the place. One issue arrived roughly on time, there was a two month wait for the next, the one after that wasn't late at all and the September issue arrived a week or so ago while the August issue still hasn't shown up.

Ferris

I haven't seen a copy show up in Toronto in months. I let the subscription lapse and moved out of that apartment so the confused current resident will get about 10 copies of Viz some time in the next year.

Maybe they will like it so much they'll subscribe.

Sebastian Cobb

This cropped up on twitter, so grim.

Jittlebags

Yay. Got my letter published in this issue. Dildo Harding one. Probably sent about the same time as the thread I did on here that bombed. Anyway, who's laughing now? Dido Harding probably on the remuneration to competence ratio.

idunnosomename

i love the punchline in that George Bestial strip. though I think you need to be brittish borrn and bread to get it

Gurke and Hare

Good Arthur Graham letter in the new one.

Hand Solo

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 14, 2020, 02:06:52 AM
i love the punchline in that George Bestial strip. though I think you need to be brittish borrn and bread to get it

Could've done without the "Baby plays rough!" line, though, it scuffs the simplicity of the punchline.

Gurke and Hare

The penultimate panel of Hieronymus Botch is fantastic.

badaids

If there's one positive thing to come out of the pandemic, it'll be that those fucking horrible Club de Fromage / Coffin Dodger's Disco cunts' adverts will disappear forever.

Jittlebags

Ooo yes. I wonder what the pandemic means for Aqua Vulvas? There's so many of them, I'm sure they'd breach the covid grouping regulations.

Glebe

badaids

Quote from: Jittlebags on November 18, 2020, 10:34:54 AM
Ooo yes. I wonder what the pandemic means for Aqua Vulvas? There's so many of them, I'm sure they'd breach the covid grouping regulations.

I think the greatest risk to Aquas Velvas survival is the fact they are astonishingly terrible.  I made the effort to listen to one of their albums (called David Cameron's Government or something) once and it was appalling both musically and lyrically.  I had assumed that they are some kind of hedge fund tax write off, which is how they fund their studio time and advertising.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: badaids on November 18, 2020, 08:19:35 PM
I think the greatest risk to Aquas Velvas survival is the fact they are astonishingly terrible.  I made the effort to listen to one of their albums (called David Cameron's Government or something) once and it was appalling both musically and lyrically.  I had assumed that they are some kind of hedge fund tax write off, which is how they fund their studio time and advertising.
I've probably mentioned this before, but they don't appear to have gotten much of a return from their years of advertising in Viz. 5,000 views for their most popular video?

petril

wow.

The Aqua Velvas have moved on from the weirdly scaled logo and photos after fuck knows how long. at least the advert looks tolerable now.

also:

lovely small touch

madhair60

Pink Gregory

I will never, ever tire of Gilbert Ratchet

Blumf

That first panel alone, brilliant.

BeardFaceMan

I'll never tire of the word 'dunky', I must remember to use it more in everyday conversation.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

The bollocks and shit prospector

Gurke and Hare

The effortless segue from "Now he's got germs and looks stupid." to "Look at me everyone. Listen to all my opinions."