Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:30:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Viz Highlights

Started by Theremin, March 04, 2012, 10:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Freeze

Thought it worth mentioning-

Just bought a t shirt off the Viz merchandise website and saved £5.30 because of that Black Friday nonsense. It doesn't look to be mentioned on there until you get to the checkout. More than covered the postage though. Thats a mates pressie sorted.

Jittlebags

Yay. My 'To the tasting table' made it into the profanisaurus. Some editing, and some italics, but hey! When do I get my fiver? Ahh.

Blumf

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 05, 2020, 12:56:19 AM
Yay. My 'To the tasting table' made it into the profanisaurus.

It got a Sid James style laugh out of the wife, so I'd call it a success.

Former

This has been bugging me for days.

Current issue of Viz. Big Issue ad (real).

Is that the same homeless guy given a makeover on the Friday/Saturday Night Armistice years ago?

Famous Mortimer

What's your least favourite Viz advert? For me, it's "Club De Fromage", and those awful sounding comedy books that have characters with wacky names in come a close second. I respect the Aqua Velvas for giving Viz thousands of quid for the tiny handful of views they get on Youtube.

Ferris

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 02, 2020, 03:07:09 PM
What's your least favourite Viz advert? For me, it's "Club De Fromage", and those awful sounding comedy books that have characters with wacky names in come a close second. I respect the Aqua Velvas for giving Viz thousands of quid for the tiny handful of views they get on Youtube.

The shed/hat combination, the shat.

Cold Meat Platter

Yeah the Club Fromage cunts for sure. There's one especially hateful looking cunt in their ads.

My least favourites are that Powerball advert with that tedious "It's the best workout you can do with your wrist - Seymour Legg" Amazon review quote and those absolutely gash t-shirts with "I'm Barry Scott!" and other assorted shit4cuntz phrases on them.

They always make me think "Are there people who don't really understand Viz and just buy it because of the swearing and cartoon tits?" Because that's the only way I can imagine a regular Viz reader brain dead and unaware enough to think "yes, I must spend 20 quid on a cheap t-shirt with 'Don't Hassel The Hoff!' on it."

petril

Quote from: petrilTanaka on June 03, 2020, 09:33:42 AM
bbq sauce FUCK OFF

Cilit Bang ad producers reconsider new catchphrase.

thenoise

Do they still have all the wank lines?  They make it extra difficult to explain to my wife that Viz is well sophisticated humour actually, not just a load of tits and swearing and wanking.

holyzombiejesus

What's with those horrible pants that are always advertised in there? Are they for smuggling drugs in to clubs or something? Why would anyone buy them?

beanheadmcginty

My mate has got a pair and yes, he uses them for smuggling drugs into various places where he shouldn't be taking drugs.

Sebastian Cobb

My least favourite viz ads is the full page memory one.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I love their collectables.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: justin_bennett on September 18, 2016, 12:04:47 PM
Don't suppose anyone has a scan of Brian May - My Nits Hell?  Can't find it anywhere.

Any help appreciated - even a note of which annual it's in.

Apologies if anyone else has pointed it out, but it's in Issue 58.

p.s Not only did this thread make me sign up for CaB, I also bought a subcription to Viz.

Tony Tony Tony

justin_bennett

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on June 08, 2020, 12:20:15 PM
Apologies if anyone else has pointed it out, but it's in Issue 58.

p.s Not only did this thread make me sign up for CaB, I also bought a subcription to Viz.

Brilliant - cheers.  Just ordered off eBay for Mrs B.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on July 31, 2020, 03:59:09 PM
Reckon they will be using this pic like the one of Bowie reading Viz?
viz has posted it across their social media, they're pretty chuffed i think

Annie Labuntur

Rats the size of cats #PoliceLies

McChesney Duntz

Not to mention Bowie-plagiarizing.

Puce Moment

The placement of the syringe and oxide canister is pretty funny. This is someone dealing drugs from their front door btw. They bagged a real Pablo Escobar.

notjosh

I've only gone and made the Star Letter this month haven't I? Explain that one, boffins.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: notjosh on August 08, 2020, 03:06:19 PM
I've only gone and made the Star Letter this month haven't I? Explain that one, boffins.

Hearty congrats.

Having not picked up a Viz in a while, what prize you get?

gib

notjosh

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on August 08, 2020, 03:13:25 PM
Hearty congrats.

Having not picked up a Viz in a while, what prize you get?

Not heard a peep from them. In fact, I had to pay for the privilege of finding out I was in it!

Ferris

Quote from: notjosh on August 08, 2020, 03:06:19 PM

Get in!

Always wanted a letter published in Viz but too lazy/unfunny to make it happen.