Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The State of the Union.

Started by TraceyQ, February 09, 2004, 10:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

I wanted to start a new thread for this instead of tacking it onto to the "Board fatigue" thread because, well, I can and I think it's important.

All weekend I've watched squabble after squabble, posters complaining they are bored with the board, making statements like "If you don't like it, ignore it" (Please, what would happen to the world if everyone thought that? I wouldnt have the vote and that's a fact).

Quote from: "Timmay"And TJ, I'm surprised you need a thread like this to realise that not everyone on here, is here because they know off by heart and care about every single piece of comedy ever written.

:Shakes head: Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear oh, dear. Tim,  I don't want to pick on you but you did yourself no favours. When the site started it was about *Shock! Horror!* comedy. Everything else came second. Recently it's started to move to GB (as it was) first and the comedy second. That's not (let's put a "imho" in here) what Cook'd and Bomb'd is about. Now, I don't post to comedy chat as I'm more of a music person than a telly watcher and I respect there are other posters who have a lot more knowledge about the workings of comedy than I do. Doesnt stop me being interested though. I won't and I *can't* dismiss the comedy forum as secondary as you did, Tim, because it's not.

There's nothing so good as a hearty debate, but mudslinging just makes us all look bad. I don't know if any of you have an idea what sort of reputation this board has and I think we should take the chance of a fresh start to make sure we don't slip back into our lazy old ways. We owe it to Neil and the site team and all the effort they made getting the place up and running again to make sure this is the ultimate site for comedy, current affairs and music discussion and not some free for all where DYKWIF is the norm.

We could have easily lost the board forever with the site crash and we owe it to the site team to show some appreciation and remember that they do it for love, not money. Some of you may come back with the "Well, it's just a messageboard" arguement and if you feel that way, fine, fuck off and find another, it will be no great loss but I wouldnt be without this place and I know a lot of other people feel the same way too.

Long Live The Clique.

Borboski

I was just about to repost a thread asking about what happened to women when they have babies... and if they really... mein gott surely it can't be true...

There's definately a very curiously dissatisfied attitude to the board right now. Makes sense really, because the notion that you (one) nodoubt hold about the board is over a period of time, years, even, whereas the new board has had about, what, two weeks of postage to prove itself.

I'm glad it's back for one. Already I have found about about Magic:Gathering online.

Anyway, I shan't post the thread about women having babies. Because it is wrong! Wrong I tell you.

Timmay

*sigh*

I struggle to find a reason why you pick on a comment made several days ago, and only now start a thread about it. Let me take a look through your history...

The board was started as a comedy board, and it remains so. I'd say virtually 99% of people on here, love comedy, and love talking about the comedies they enjoy. However, my point was that the board *has* changed, and as much as certain people may hate it, the vast majority of people on here are here for the other whores, the entertaining political debates, the general chit-chat. Not for pure comedy chat.

And besides, TJ made an incorrect assumption, and therefore a dig I believe aimed almost squarely at me because of it. One of his famous one-line doesn't-quite-have-to-say-it digs. So I dug back.

As for a fresh start, indeed, I thought it was. And to honour this point, I have yet to drink 7 cans of Stella, and then start posting. I intend to keep that up for as long as is possible. Or until I next get some in.

TJ

Quote from: "Timmay"And besides, TJ made an incorrect assumption

No I didn't.

Quoteand therefore a dig I believe aimed almost squarely at me because of it.

You believe wrong, then.

boki

Quote from: "TJ"
Quote from: "Timmay"And besides, TJ made an incorrect assumption

No I didn't.

Quoteand therefore a dig I believe aimed almost squarely at me because of it.

You believe wrong, then.

Right, the pair of you, look at that.  Look at it.  And give me :rolleyes:  back.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quotemudslinging just makes us all look bad

TraceyQ

smoker

i wish i was justin timberlake

TraceyQ

Vermschneid Mehearties

Hhaha apprantly heez got a reel bad afro 2 when hiz hare grows long. KERRY 2 WIN locve Verrmyschneid

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"KERRY 2 WIN locve Verrmyschneid

NO keRRY SUX!! BuSH 4 the WITE HOUSE he is so fit!!111

fanny splendid

but his eyes are an ugly shade of poo...

smoker

but, but, but

but he's banging diaz, crying out loud

TraceyQ

Vermschneid Mehearties

apprantly diaz haz acne as well!¬!, she uzez like 3 inches ov foundation. somfing bout mary wuz an aice fillm 2u!!!!11 BBRAKET 2WINN!!!!!

fanny splendid

there, there, kissy, better

xxx

smoker

Quote from: "TraceyQ"<sobs>

sorry sorry sorry

right, state of the union. errr, everyone be excellent to each other okay? quit fighting amongst yourselves, and concentrate your efforts on the users of the channel4 forums. much more productive. less wanking, more dream interpretations that's what i say

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quotemore dream interpretations

I had a dream last night that my would-be girlfriend robbed a newsagents at knifepoint and then whored herself to oncoming traffic. (No really).

What could it all mean?*

*And make it really nasty as well so I can make smoker look foolish for saying that dream interpretations calm us lot down.

smoker

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"so I can make smoker look foolish

yeah like that'd be hard, sheesh

anyway your dream means you are in love with tracy q and yet also strangely drawn to your own brother

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quoteanyway your dream means you are in love with tracy q and yet also strangely drawn to your own brother

*shrug*

Makes sense...

butnut

Quote from: "smoker"but, but, but

What do you want?

roofing_mick

Quote from: "smoker"but, but, but

ding, ding - tickets please?