Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:57:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

Started by NaCl, March 17, 2012, 05:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaCl

Wasteland, the post apocalyptic PC RPG which spread it's seed towards the creation of the ever-popular Fallout series, is gearing up to be given a sequel.

Brian Fargo, a man involved in many successful video game developments, or something/whatever, has spear headed a Kickstarter project in order to raise fan funding to create Wasteland 2; in under 48 hours they met their goal of 1,000,000$ USD. People who donate to the project will receive varying rewards depending on the weight of their generosity, such as, a copy of the game, your name in the credits, or an in-game shrine dedicated to you.

I don't know if this is ridiculous or not, but I just love post-apocalyptic RPGs because I'm dark and/or edgy.

Please respond.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

NaCl

RickyGerbail

it's interesting that there's already biodrones on the wasteland forum suggesting that the player should be able to "buy a house" and that they want LBQYR or whatever it's called because that attracted them to games like dragon age 2.

It's great to see this sort of fan funded scheme kicking off now, what with Tim Schaffer recently surpassing $3 million for his point and click adventure and Brian Fargo already exceedeing his goal. it looks like it could be a bright future for gaming at the low end of the production budget level. Such a shame that the AAA titles are becoming more homogeneus and bland, whilst their publishers are getting greedier, but hopefullly people will respond to these games and kick all the big companies into the long grass. Fuck knows why gaming needs the likes of EA, all they do is leech off good developers until they're a rotten husk of what they used to be and spend a shit load on adverts which "Do not contain in game footage."

But back to the point... I wish this sort of idea came up a few years ago, because I really missed those point and clicks like Sam and Max and Monkey Island and it was ages until Telltale took over the reigns, thankfully, to give us more. But like Wasteland here, there are a hell of a lot of other titles and ideas that good developers have had, that people would love to see made, and it's now finally becoming a possibility.

Senisible Soccer Player/ Manager for 2013 Game of the Year! Online multiplayer + Kicks Fifa 2013 sales out of the park.