Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:43:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New animated shorts with Kevin Eldon

Started by ravonski, March 26, 2012, 11:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravonski

Thought I'd let the forum know about some new animations we've made/are making making with Kevin Eldon. The first is a 9-minute short called All Consuming Love (Man in a Cat) and has been doing the festivals since last year. Josie Long's in it too and it's won a few awards along the way. Should be online in full this summer More info is here: http://diceproductions.co.uk/maninacat.

The other is an animated adaptation of one of Kevin's Speakers podcast series. I'm writing the script with Kevin at the moment and we're just trying to work out how to fund it, so I thought I'd try to find out how many people are interested in seeing it and if it's worth starting a crowdfunding campaign to get it made. It'll probably happen anyway, but much, much more slowly. There's a bit of info on the project here: http://bit.ly/H3wDQk.

So, if you're interested in the project, think crowd funding might work, or reckon it's a massive waste of time, do let me know... or wait for it to be finished in about 2053 (hopefully sooner).

Sandow

I'd definitely fling some money your way if you were crowd funding, happy to suport these kind of ventures if people like Kevin Eldon are involved.

Which Speakers podcast are you planning to adapt?

ravonski

We're doing Space. So we'll be cutting it down to about 8 minutes and adding a new ending. We'll be working with an awesome illustrator on design and are talking to some sound designers for that 1940s pilot/70s sci-fi feel.

olliebean

Is that the one with the Lamb Fruit? That's my favourite, absolutely brilliant.

ravonski

Quote from: olliebean on March 26, 2012, 08:37:04 PM
Is that the one with the Lamb Fruit? That's my favourite, absolutely brilliant.

It is the Lamb Fruit one. It's utter genius. And also Kevin's favourite (which is why he was up for it being animationised)

TNXB

Speakers is so good.  My favourite bit of the Space one is when he first mentions the frame of the picture of the king, saying something like "say no more".  So good.

I'd be really interested in any work you do on Speakers.  However, I am skint and tbh am quite unlikely to contribute to any crowdfunding.  I'm sorry.  I just watched a bit of Doug Stanhope stand-up where he talked about how skint his audience is.  Fingers crossed Kevin Eldon's audience is less so, good luck with your project.

ravonski

Quote from: TNXB on March 26, 2012, 10:54:22 PM
I'd be really interested in any work you do on Speakers.  However, I am skint and tbh am quite unlikely to contribute to any crowdfunding.

Cool, that's useful. We don't really want to have to go the crowdfunding route, but the way short film funding, let alone comedy short funding, is at the moment we might have to. Thanks for the interest. I'll keep people up-to-date here if your interested anyway. Ta.

olliebean

Did the Space animation ever come to (lamb) fruition? I'd love to see it, if so.