Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:47:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2012

Started by RickyGerbail, March 26, 2012, 11:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Lawrensons voice is already making me feel depressed.

Looks like Spain have turned up big time!

thepuffpastryhangman

Silva looked skyward and thanked God. Some day the extent of the correlation between levels of faith among players in a national team and that team's success will be documented. It was highlighted here before the tournament.

Beagle 2

Italy will come back into this. Balo last goal and Italy on pens.

presta didwicks

Quote from: Mildly Diverting on July 01, 2012, 11:28:00 AM
This is probably just me, but has some genius synched him into saying "I knew I should have taken it" in English? Or are my lip-reading reading skills not yet fully realised?

Anyways, its beautiful whatever he's saying.

"Jus=tice" ??

chocky909

I'm watching on ITV! I never thought I'd do that if I had a choice. Mark Lawrenson, J'accuse!

BlodwynPig

Drury or Tyldesley are just as bad

biggytitbo

This is quite a good match so far, by final standards.

BlodwynPig

Just needs a few red cards to be a classic

thepuffpastryhangman

Two teams there through winning penalty shoot-outs. Such a shame the Germans had their only bad game in a long while against a team that barely beat England.

As for all this bollocks about Spain being boring, from Lawrenson?! Last week he was telling us it's all about the results. FFS.

Lyndon

I also don't think it's a surprise that Italy, a team with a positive, integrative, no-gays attitude, have come this far. There's a clear correlation between uniting on an anti-bummer consensus and success. I can only lament England's approach in this regard.

BlodwynPig

"It's like going to Rome and not seeing the Pope"

Lawro: "I've done that a few times"

biggytitbo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 01, 2012, 08:19:10 PM
"It's like going to Rome and not seeing the Pope"

Lawro: "I've done that a few times"
It's like  something out of a bad Eastern European surrealistic political comedy.

BlodwynPig

Why are people doing the Mexican wave? Short attention spans in this modern era of football matches. Should get cheerleaders to come on when play is outside of the box.

BlodwynPig

Subtle Mocking

Brilliant, I can go and do other things now. Congratulations Spain.

thepuffpastryhangman

Alba also looked skyward after scoring.

biggytitbo

Aww disappointing if that's it as a match now.

thepuffpastryhangman

Yet I didn't notice Buffoon accusing anyone behind the goal of checking his arse out.

weekender

I don't understand why all the Spaniards are paying tribute to Frank Lampard's mother.

Beagle 2

Gawd, Spain just won't ever fuck off will they? I think their best tactic may be to sneak on three extra players and see if anybody notices.

RickyGerbail

The italians have been way too sloppy with their possession to stand a decent chance, first 20 minutes they more or less gave away to spain with pointless hoofing, then they had a spell of decent possession but got caught on the counter. As long as Spain are alone in having this level of precision in their short passing game and the movement that facilitates this game, they will be superior. I don't believe one have to be a spaniard in order to achieve that level of passing ability however, so it more comes down to lack of imagination of the opposition.

biggytitbo

BBC going a bit overboard aren't they?

Slaaaaabs

Can't fault this Spanish play. Italy have been shut down almost completely, especially Pirlo.

Would like them to score next though, make a game of it.

Welbeck not even in the running for goal o the tournament? Hmmm

biggytitbo

No Wellbeck goal in the goal of the championship list?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Slaaaaabs on July 01, 2012, 08:43:19 PM
Can't fault this Spanish play. Italy have been shut down almost completely, especially Pirlo.
True they've been great, but all this stuff about it been the best performance in history and nobodies ever seen anything like it is a tad over the top.

BlodwynPig

They always say this kind of thing - will be forgotten in a few weeks until the next "big" match. It's always "not a classic" or "the best ever" with Lineker et al. 2 speed shits.

thepuffpastryhangman

Where was the keeper during that definite hand-ball penalty incident? It was certainly heading goalward.

SockPuppet

Spain. Gr8est national team EVA?

Slaaaaabs

Insane start to the second half. Hand ball would have been given at 0-0 I suspect.

BlodwynPig

...Balotelli

Lawro: "Pot, Kettle, etc"