Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2012

Started by RickyGerbail, March 26, 2012, 11:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Can't win anything with kids

Consignia

Alright! I've just won my work's sweepstake; a cool £45 in my pocket.

mook

mario is going to hoof one of the spanish kids out the park.

BlodwynPig

Shearer: These guys have had an incredible amount of sex.

Harpo Speaks

I found the hyperbole surrounding the first half a little ridiculous, Spain played well, but was it really a half that people will be talking about years from now as Hansen suggested?

Shame Italy couldn't get the third goal for the sake of the contest, and then the injury just killed it off completely.

Dead kate moss

I don't know if people will be talking about it in ten years time, but I have watched a fair amount of international tournaments and can't recall a side playing so consistently skillfully, awesome at times, against a team that was no pushover, and scoring some fantastic goals too. It deserves a fair amount of praise as a great final and Spain deserve all their glory too. And England should just give up and open an off-licence or something.

kitsofan34

Ukraine don't particulary like football that much and it really shows when ten minutes into the final they start doing the mexican wave. I feel a significant proportion of the neutrals have come more for the sense of the occasion, as opposed for their love of the game.

Can't believe I'm about to say this but ITV have knocked BBC out of the park this tournament. ITV, despite it's numerous flaws, actually seem to enjoy the game of football, they actually have fun on their broadcasts. BBC are just so fucking serious, with their atmosphere studios and Lawrenson making the alternative commentary option [nb]Chris Moyles and Cbeebies[/nb] look an attractive option.

Gavin M

So long Euro 2012......

I've just remembered seeing that clothes/typeface combination before....

Dead kate moss

Quote from: Gavin M on July 01, 2012, 10:29:55 PM

Unbelievably, the UK wins that contest. Are they definitely Spanish senoritas? Although at least they don't cheat by sticking two letters on the last t-shirt and hope no one notices.

Norton Canes

The Plunger

Y/Y/Y/Y/Y/Y

Crabwalk

I bet the others really hate the one in the middle for going rogue with the font.

MuteBanana

Quote from: kitsofan34 on July 01, 2012, 10:25:11 PM
and Lawrenson making the alternative commentary option [nb]Chris Moyles and Cbeebies[/nb] look an attractive option.

I don't get the decision to keep giving him air time. Do the producers not listen to the games? He's such a bloody boring drone.

holyzombiejesus

I probably sound naive but I was thinking the same thing; how does he still have a job? Does anyone have a good word to say about him? He's fucking awful.

chand

The CBBC commentary was bizarre, they were mainly reading out texts and chatting generally about football, only occasionally referring to the actual game. Lots of discussion about hair, the woman presenter explaining the offside rules to the others, someone pretending to be a pitchside dog, making up chants, and describing themselves as the "the alternative commentary, for people who think Lawro is too much like Eeyore". Occasionally they'd try and drag it back to the actual game, a bit like those awkward DVD commentaries where they go off on a tangent and someone tries to rein it back in.

It was still better than listening to Lawrenson.

kitsofan34

As depressing as it is, it's no suprise Lawrenson still has a job there. This is the same broadcast that thought it was a good idea to host 3/4 of the tournament coverage from a atmospherless studio in Salford. The same people who have managed to create this tedious, golf club like relationship between the pundits, everyone always agreeing and making hilarious jokes about each other's careers, sneering at the likes of Lee Dixon who actually know who Hamsik of Napoli is[nb]this actually did happen in the World Cup, 2010. Alan Hansen jokingly implied Dixon had bribed someone to get this information.[/nb] They continue to employ Alan Shearer, for goodness sakes. Yes, Lawrenson is the absoloute pits but his continued employment doesn't suprise me one iota.

A/S/L

A/S/L?/A/S/L?/A/S/L?/A/S/L?/A/S/L?/A/S/L?

Crabwalk

Somebody beat me in the CaB Euro 2012 Fantasy Football League.

That's right. Somebody. Beat. Me.

1   Eurocentrism                 Derp Derpa 325
2   3rd/AssisterLovers          Rob Crabwalk 291
3   15 Eurogoths                 Ted Maul 276
4   KFC                              Matt Struve 276
5   Woebegone Wanderers    buttgammon 271

Well done Dep Derpa, whoever you are. A comprehensive victory.

See you all in the full FPL game next season for another spanking.

/Hubris]

holyzombiejesus

I was 8th before the final and decided to go all or nothing, so chose the entire Italy starting 11 as my starting 11 (plus one as a sub). That was clever.

Lyndon

Crabwalk, I have pointed out about 4 times that that was me. I think this is a lot easier than the Premiership because there's less choice. And the only Premiership football I watch is MotD which gives a skewed scouting view, whereas I watched every minute of this competition. Still nice after your 'why I always stuff Lyndon comment'. I am gonna try harder with the Premiership next year.

Crabwalk

Hey, that comment was retaliation to the negative karma you gave me for being a perennial WINNER! Knew it would come back to bite me...

Well done though, sir. Here's your trophy:

For the record I don't have Sky, so watch hardly any Premier League games either. I eagerly await your challenge next season...

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 18, 2012, 09:10:00 PM
Why are some of the Croatians wearing blue electrical tape on their necks?

Finally, some answers

spock rogers

QuoteImages of a German fan crying supposedly after the team had conceded a second goal from Italy's Mario Balotelli in the semi-final last Thursday (June 28) was in fact shot before the game, it has emerged.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a391734/uefa-criticised-for-doctoring-euro-2012-coverage.html

UEFA can fuck right off. I expect in Euro 2016 they'll make players wait 1 minute to take each penalty, to increase the tension like the annoying bit on X-Factor where they say the winners name. They'll probably also play tense music during the penalties. Maybe they can also pause the footage when a player has a shot, and cut to an ad break "to translate the emotion and the tension of the game".

Cunts.

BlodwynPig

QuoteUEFA said that it wanted to show "the human story of the game"

Brazil 2014 - Brazil vs. Honduras, Brazil score in the 14th minute, camera cuts to latino child being dismembered by gang of hooded men and then pissed on. UEFA said that it wanted to show "the human story of the game"