Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:50:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2012

Started by RickyGerbail, March 26, 2012, 11:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Poet

Think a lot more Irish are going, as a proportion anyway. Helps that they're in Poland.

RickyGerbail

Gourcuff made a decent debut at Lyon yesterday, i wish he could get back to his old glory days. He would be the missing puzzle piece for the French team.

Surely Ben Arfa's hot streak puts France in a good position now? I don't follow France, so I'm not sure of formations or who usually makes the squads, but him, Ribery and Benzema as a front 3 would be pretty devastating... certainly for England!

RickyGerbail

I'm not sure Ben Arfa is such a good right winger that he'd significantly alter Frances chances in the tournament if he was included.

BlodwynPig

Too many assholes to make Les Bleus glorious again. Think back to the early to mid 80s, the early 90s, the Zidane years. All embellished with solid gold. After the debacle of recent tournaments, its hard to root for them as a bunch of individuals, although Blanc is turning them around i hope. Benzema and Ribery - talent yes, but I fear it will fall on barren ground - their seed lying in some underage prostitute instead. Shame.

RickyGerbail

Quote from: RickyGerbail on April 19, 2012, 02:18:42 PM
I'm not sure Ben Arfa is such a good right winger that he'd significantly alter Frances chances in the tournament if he was included.

i take that back.

RickyGerbail

hi gang!

Swedish Manchester City player John Guidetti on loan to Feynoord who's made 20 goals and 8 assists this season is not going to play in the tournament because he got a virus infection in his leg. The other main swedish striker is also injured and risks being out. Sebastian Larsson has had to go through a hernia operation and first goalie Andreas Isaksson has barely played anything for the last six months.

BlodwynPig

The English flags are already out for this one on them pubs. Big ones too.

Subtle Mocking

What's this I keep seeing on the news about Greece pulling out?

(sorry)

RickyGerbail

Gourcuff has been taken out for the France squad. HOLY SHIT GANG!

Slaaaaabs

Kyle Walker and Rio Ferdinand are out for England.

EDIT - Andy Carroll is in. Tee hee.

Harpo Speaks

Where have you seen that? (The Carroll element I mean).

Personally I'd still take Crouch.

George Oscar Bluth II

If Hodgson has ditched Rio to facilitate Terry I'm stunned. Really stunned.

Subtle Mocking

No Micah Richards either apparently. If true, this is a fucking joke.

Mildly Diverting

I totally agree with GOB. If Terry is confirmed in the squad tomorrow, no doubt we'll hear about a 'purely footballing decision', but unfortunately this situation goes way beyond that. If its true, I think Hodgson has made a ludicrous move.

hummingofevil

What deal with Richards? Citeh not playing him either? Is that it or more to it than that?

Who playing right back then? Gary Neville?

Harpo Speaks

Is the Ferdinand decision really that surprising? On a footballing level at least. It doesn't seem like he's played all that regularly for England lately and seems to be suffering with injury problems quite a lot.

That said, he seems to have had a good season this year, and Terry is a massive twat.

Mildly Diverting

He's played in every game for Man U this year, I think. But the injuries will no doubt be the company line tomorrow.

Harpo Speaks

That's why I'm not all that surprised - I never felt there was an overwhelming pressure for Terry to be dropped.

As usual I expect little from England, though I'm actually looking forward to the tournament as a whole.

thepuffpastryhangman

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on May 15, 2012, 11:45:29 PM
...Hodgson has ditched Rio to facilitate Terry...

That was strongly implied on Today this morning.

I'm not sure squad selection is our biggest, or indeed a problem at all. We've been taking big names to tournaments forever and they've individually and collectively failed for any number of reasons.
Like any other finals we'll end up hailing
some German (or Dutchman) most folks in the street (like me) aren't familiar with.

So, onwards into the breach, for Queen and cunt-Terry.

Beagle 2

Very surprised that Richards is being left out bearing in mind Walker's absence. Even the England Squad leaks before release these days. I've just torrented Gary Cahill off Pirate Bay, he's handy to have around for making brews.

Subtle Mocking

I'll try and hold on until 1pm before I make too many judgements, but Micah being left out in favour of Glen sodding Johnson would be ridiculous, and of course it's impossible to be happy about Terry being called up yet again. I hate thinking that we're going to take the same bunch of jobbers we've taken every year since the dawn of time again. We'll probably take Heskey at this point.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on May 16, 2012, 09:53:11 AM
I'll try and hold on until 1pm before I make too many judgements, but Micah being left out in favour of Glen sodding Johnson would be ridiculous

That's just toss.

Subtle Mocking

Sturridge is apparently out too.

EDIT: Oxlade-Chamberlain is apparently IN the squad.

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on May 16, 2012, 09:53:11 AM
I'll try and hold on until 1pm before I make too many judgements, but Micah being left out in favour of Glen sodding Johnson would be ridiculous

The only thing going against Richards is how much he's played this season, but if he ends up effectively losing his place to Johnson then I'm not sure how that makes sense. Johnson is probably slightly more effective going forward, but Richards also gets up the line, and in terms of defensive ability, is about ten times more competent than Johnson.

Beagle 2

I don't know if I'd agree with that really. Richards can be all over the place positionally sometimes. He's a great player, but I think Johnson is too when he's on form. City have preferred the reliability of Zabaleta in a lot of the big games this season.

For crying out loud who is this young lady presenter on the Sky Sports Newses right now? Ah Jesus.

Is Scholes going to come back then? I hate the little tosser but I have to admit his presence in an otherwise inexperienced team would be enough to intimidate any international team. Can't see it though. I guess Adam Johnson isn't going to get a place, but I think that's a real shame, he's such a talent.

Subtle Mocking

Well he has just signed on for another season at United, so you never know. I doubt it though.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Beagle 2 on May 16, 2012, 12:58:01 PM
I guess Adam Johnson isn't going to get a place, but I think that's a real shame, he's such a talent.

I like Johnson too but he's hardly played for City this season. I'd still take him though; then again, I'd have had him on the bench on Sunday too. I think he'll end up moving on this summer to get games, just like City's last great winger, Lee Croft.

Subtle Mocking

Terry is in. Fucking hell.

Slaaaaabs

Carrick not even on the standby list.

Yet

Jordan

FUCKING

Henderson

is.

FUCK ENGLAND.