Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:47:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yakuza Of The End

Started by Consignia, March 26, 2012, 10:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

I just finished playing this bizarre game. It's a zombie apocalpyse game set in the otherwise mudane world of the Yakuza strangely placing itself as a direct sequel. I guess Sega are trying to get as much mileage as they can out of the character and location models as possible. It mixes the adventure style[nb]inexplicably the shops are still open for business even as hideous mutants walk the streets. Those salarymen must really love their panchinko[/nb] of the original games with a third person shooter.

So did it work? The answer is unfortuntely, no. The controls are absolutely awful, it's no exageration to say that they are hardest monster in the game. You'll be flailing wildly around just trying to get that bleeding shotgun pointed in the right direction. This is offset by the terrible AI that makes the monsters like sitting targets most of the time.

The problem is, I actually really enjoyed. It was so silly and over the top while keeping a po face all the time, that it charmed me. Partnering up with a hostess to clense the streets of undead was quite visceral. The story too is quite fun as well, with series stalwart Majima stealing the show. The side quests are typically silly as well, including getting a Yakuza boss to dress up as girl to tease the zombies out.

It's a shame the game has such bad gameplay, because it actually really could have been something interesting. I, sadly, really couldn't recommend it.

Anyone else here given it a shot?