Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:09:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Slasher films.

Started by astrozombie, March 31, 2012, 03:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Feralkid on April 14, 2012, 08:05:59 PM
That's part 6.   Part 5 is that New Beginning fake Jason nonsense.   

Aye you're right. Somehow I remembered Jason Lives had the shit 'A New Beginning' one before it, and even remembered there were three films before that, somewhere my numeracy failed me.

So yeah, fifth one is piss-poor, sixth one is great. And Jason X is great too. Freddy vs Jason is brill to, no matter what people might say.

danyulx

I'm glad to see Sleepaway Camp getting a few just-deserves on page 1. Not only the greatest slasher film ever made but - it could be argued, by me, on a bad day - also the greatest film ever made, full stop. Even though it's shit, I don't care.

Horror is the the biggest failures of all the film genres. So much potential, so much shite: there's only been about four good horror films ever made, of the probably 20,0000-odd plus made. That said, I'm quite fond of Friday the 13th, Part 2. The potato sack over head is far more effective than the famous hockey mask. One of the later sequels, starring Crispin Glover, was alright too.

There's a lot to be said - that no doubt hasn't - for watching horror/slasher films whilst under the heavy influence of the drug Dextromethorphan / Ketamine / Methoxetamine / Phencyclidine / a similarly-structured drug. Pretty much every horror film ever made - even the aforementioned majority shite - are highly effective viewing material whilst under the overwhelming influence of a dissociative (whilst almost all other types of films are not). You're right in there wallowing in it, The Horror, sucking in the atmosphere of the thing. It's like watching a horror film when you were about nine years old again: Shit-scary and traumatic.

Mini

The Cabin in the Woods is slasher-esque but I won't give too much away, go see it, horror fans.

BlodwynPig

Death of the slasher film?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17702160

Looking forward to the Al Pacino remake: FaciallyDisfiguredFace

Quote"What you lookin' at?"