Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't start me off.com"

Started by graffic, May 04, 2012, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graffic

Hi there. You may be aware of a website called "don't start me off". I recommend visiting for a laugh. Its full of deluded Sun and Daily Mail readers ranting about gays and multiculturalism amongst other things. The thing that was so alarming is the fact its all 100% genuine. I'm pretty sure its all for real. Its comedy gold because there is no self-awareness or sense of irony. I recommend not posting though, if you say anything of dissent or they don't agree with the moderator will delete your account and post fake things under your name. The latter happened to me. The moderator posted shit under my name and the regular posters had no idea. Anyway, its a hilarious and disturbing site to view.

Big Jack McBastard

Yeah, we know already.. oh christ do we know already.

Replies From View

With Jack the most recent person to reply, I read that as "Don't jack me off".  LOL!!!

mook

ta. that tubby greasy haired bloke that richard herring used to write jokes for just tweeted me about it. does this mean i'm in or out of the curve?

graffic

Yes its a car crash of a site. I think there are two moderators, tosser spotter and Ricardo. Or perhaps just TS however one of them is a neurotic weirdo who banned me and then posted shit under my name. I wouldn't care if it was a troll, well I don't care about internet forums anyway, but I thought it was hilarious the "moderator" would do this. Speaking of Ricardo, the guy is clearly a fascist or just incredibly think and on the hardest right wing of the conservative party. In fact, he spoils the site. I see that "Jimmy Vespa/Lee Turock/[banned troll]" whoever the fuck he is has a pretty high profile on here. I think he's ok he just reacts and gets very aggressive for no reason. Anyway, he seems to account for most of the activity on that site.

Famous Mortimer

All the best people have their own DSMO page.

http://www.dont-start-me-off.com/CelebInfo.php?celeb_id=7747

QuoteThe kind of pasty-faced no-life twat who'd describe his "happy place" - without a shred of irony - as a soft-drug den with a Steve Coogan DVD and some insipid indie rock tart telling him how marvellous he is.
Well, I don't know about a den, and I've have to pick which Coogan DVD and insipid indie rock tart, but that sounds quite nice.

23 Daves

It's blocked at my workplace for being in poor taste.  Anything could be going on there for all I know, but whatever it is they want to protect me from it. 

graffic

graffic

The problem with that site is that the main members/avatars are underdeveloped, immature children who are incapable of standing back from anything and laugh at it. And thats sad even before you take into account its an internet forum and not even real life. But thats actually where the comedy lies. Its like watching a bunch of over-stimulated, right wing David Brents laughing at each other and calling people "cunts". I don't mind its right wing, or whatever political persuasion it is, its the way its run by neurotic weirdos who ban people without the blinking of an eye, troll under other peoples name yet allow accounts like "Honest George" to flood threads with weird links to conspiracy theorist sites and borderline neo-nazi sites. Its the collective behavior of oddballs.

CaledonianGonzo

Jake Thingray

I'll admit that I once considered posting regularly on there, as I'm often grumpy and irritated, but gave up as soon as I realised what "enrichers" actually means, in their ridiculous language.

Still feel angry and depressed about certain people on this forum comparing me to Raymond/Swillie/Turnock. Looking at his old posts on here, which I was unaware of when I started posting on here, I can concede that some of my earlier posts had an unconscious similarity to his in bringing up things from years ago that are still painful. But, I've never once made the sort of sub-Garry Bushell comments he came out with on here and still does on there.

Zetetic

Quote from: Jake Thingray on May 04, 2012, 07:35:53 PM
I'll admit that I once considered posting regularly on there, as I'm often grumpy and irritated, but gave up as soon as I realised what "enrichers" actually means, in their ridiculous language.
That is indeed rather cunty. Wonder what the etymology of that is, though.

Harpo Speaks

I just presumed it was just based on phrases such as 'immigration has enriched this country' and so on.

Needless to say, DSMO is a horrible, depressing place full of ridiculous cunts.

Cohaagen

I think it is an snide reference to the way that ethnic minorities and migrants are said to "enrich our society", either that or it's short for "melanin-enriched".

(edit: Harpo Speaks got there first)

MojoJojo

Shouldn't this thread be obliterated on the no promotion rule? I don't think putting spaces in the URL really counts.

This is more honest than the usual attempt to drum up page views though - normally it's just a load of unimaginative insults.

Someone want to give Neil a poke.

BigEvilCrab

I go to this website regularly for some cathartic chuckles.

To give you a idea of what's on this site Stewart Lee got: "Unbearably smug, superior stand up comedian, with a fanbase who are cut from the same cuntish cloth as the Bill Hicks brigade."

Meanwhile Jeremy Clarkson got: "A God among men. Speaks sense on most things and hates NuLabia with a real passion. Recently said IQ tests should be introduced to drive a car, how forward looking is that? Despises the cancer that is PC and laughs at the Welsh. What a bloke."

Yeah...humanity is sinking pretty low...

Oops! Wrong Planet

In fairness, that site was the first to break the news that Stephen Fry is a banana-nosed cocktwist.

Artemis

Didn't get past the front page. What a terribly designed website. There's not really any excuse for something looking like that anymore.

Lyndon

No pictures from the Leeds meet with MS Paint cocks. Guess I'm still waiting for my 15 minutes.

CaledonianGonzo

hedgehog90

DSMO. This is a website for cunts.
Speaking of cunty websites, anybody been to www stormfront org? Truly depressing. I've only been on there once, but it's stuck with me.
Also, www savewhitepeople com. The banner is truly hilarious, only for a few seconds though. Then it becomes quite sickening.

CaledonianGonzo

Ummm...DSMO is one thing but might not be a great idea to link to that place without a proxy lest it trigger some sort of influx.

MojoJojo

Do you guys sell any humorous t-shirts?

Icehaven

It must be odd to use a forum that's based entirely around not liking things. I mean obviously all forums, this one included, have plenty of ranting but for it to be the entire raison d'etre seems bizarre. Maybe I'm just transferring my own motivations here but one of the main reasons I read and post on CAB is because I don't know many people in real life that like the same comedy as me or have a similar sense of humour, so to feel compelled to create and/or contribute to a forum which exists purely to rant about things you don't like suggests you can't or don't in your real life. Which means they're probably very lonely, cuckolded and frustrated. What happens if someone starts anti-trolling about something they really like, do they get flamed for not moaning or something? 

Nuclear Optimism

And what's particularly odd is that sometimes they want to have a discussion about something they actually like, but the site structure won't let them. So they have to add one of their heroes as an "annoyance", and in the spot where it asks why they are annoying, they write "er, they aren't, they're ace" and vote them down.

Surely this thread doesn't belong in 'Comedy Chat'? 

'General Bullshit' seems incredibly appropriate when discussing these particular sites.

Hank Venture

I can't wrap my head around why people are so obsessed over people who are just simply names on a screen to them. It's like this on Reddit as well, people go mental about the smallest details about people they only know as a moniker. Bizarre.

Jake Thingray

Mr Barfe's comments on DSMO, in a previous thread, were correct. Namely, that the low level of intelligence (and lack of knowledge about comedy, film etc.) among most of its regulars means Turnock can be seen there as the edgy, iconoclastic genius he thinks he is.

BlodwynPig

I like DSMO, I think it's great (don't all jump on the bandwagon together)