Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:42:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hitman V: Absolution

Started by Noodle Lizard, May 05, 2012, 02:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glitch

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on January 22, 2013, 08:31:10 AM
A comparatively minor niggle and theoretically ignorable, but the new scoring system pisses me off, too. I'll work my way through a mission entirely undetected, without using any disguises and only taking out the specified targets, then find that apparently I'd have received a better rating if I'd gone on a wacky killing spree, then just tidied up the bodies afterwards. As I say; theoretically ignorable...

Uh, I thought "doing it the proper way" would lead to a much better combo than any of the challenges. If you do all the challenges and then suit only, targets only, hidden bodies, not spotted etc. on one playthrough, nothing can touch your score.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I've worked my way through all the challenges, up to Attack of the Saints - which contains a nightmarishly difficult 'kill everyone throughout the entire stage without raising alarms' challenge - and the levels without any targets whatsoever don't actually reward you for stealthy playthroughs. You only amass points by 'doing' things - silent kills, hiding bodies, signature kills etc. - whereas avoiding conflict doesn't actually seem to get rewarded in any way. Like I say, it's an utterly minor quibble and the game has much bigger issues, but it's one of the factors that seems out of keeping with the Hitman legacy.

chand

Do enemies ever check closets and laundry baskets or whatever you hide in? Last night I did a mission where I had to kill a club owner.
Spoiler alert
Having stolen a keycard, I found a room with a secret video camera set up to film private lapdances. I thought "well this is clearly set up to do something". So I waited for the dude to come into the next booth for his lapdance and, in lieu of any other way of killing him, merely shot him through the one-way mirror. However, having done this I'm in a 6ft x 6ft room with nothing else in except a big box to hide in. There's literally nowhere I can run given that the only way out of the room is past a bodyguard stood the other side of a curtain. I've just shot this guy, the glass is broken, and in walks the bodyguard with his gun drawn, looking for me. Except he doesn't check the ONLY FUCKING PLACE I COULD POSSIBLY BE, eventually turning round and walking off, at which point I casually saunter back into the bar, dressed as myself.
[close]
I know that he didn't see me hide, but it felt a bit cheap that I was able to get away. Especially since I peeked the whole time, which is essentially me holding up the lid of a laundry basket he's facing by about 9 inches and yet still remaining invisible.

One the flip side, I did enjoy the mission where you have to get on a train. Trying to sneak past guards onto a train in a crowded station felt a bit Jason Bourne, in a good way.

glitch

What difficulty are you playing on? I think they do at harder levels, or at least seem more aware. I've definitely had them shoot up containers I thought I was hidden in.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: glitch on January 23, 2013, 08:43:29 AM
What difficulty are you playing on? I think they do at harder levels, or at least seem more aware. I've definitely had them shoot up containers I thought I was hidden in.

They do that if there's any chance they could have seen you enter it; basically if they're on 'Hunting' and you're in an open area, even if they blatantly didn't see you go in.

Desi Dubs Dallas

QuoteI know that he didn't see me hide, but it felt a bit cheap that I was able to get away. Especially since I peeked the whole time, which is essentially me holding up the lid of a laundry basket he's facing by about 9 inches and yet still remaining invisible.at which point I casually saunter back into the bar, dressed as myself.

They should have at least let you go the whole hog, and let you escape by lifting up the false bottom and scurrying away ala Charles Hawtrey in carry on cleo