Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:04:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DayZ

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, May 16, 2012, 07:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomod

Best bit. Oshi's mum walking behind him on camera.

Puffin Chunks

I would guess that the same thing is going to happen again. Also, the IP address of the server is out now so I wouldn't be surprised if some idiot decided to DDOS it.... such a shame, the premise is great.

Neomod

Bit of a waste of time this.

Puffin Chunks

Yeah. I'm bailing, they didn't plan this well enough at all. As Sacriel said, this should have been stress tested.

This would be a great event if it ran smoothly. Ahhh, well.

The organiser sounds like they're going to re-arrange it.

Oh, never realised people were here watching. Yeah, it's probably rescheduled for next weekend.

Was still fun though. Seemed like 'event TV'. Watching Sacriel hit 5.2k viewers over the evening was almost exciting.

I was rooting for HybridPanda and Lewis (Psi Syndicate). So the TKing was a bit unfortunate... :D

Puffin Chunks

Yeah, it definitely felt like event TV, I know what you mean. It turns out it was DDOS'd so they're going to re-arrange it for next weekend on a VPN with whitelisted IPs, so hopefully it won't happen again.

It was interesting to listen to Rocket, either way, and I will tune in next weekend.

Puffin Chunks

So, The Survivor Gamez are back tonight. Rescheduled from last week, which was a bit of a clusterfuck, to be honest as the server got DDOSd... hopefully they've got it all fixed up and it won't be the same disaster, because whilts it was running it was really good! 20 teams of 2 players each fighting out to the death on a custom map.

http://survivorgamez.com/home

Kicks off at 9pm. If you like watching DayZ videos then this is quite interesting. They had Rocket (the creator of DayZ) on the official stream last time around talking about his plans for the standalone, so hopefully he'll be back.

I'll be following Sacriel's stream (www.twitch.tv/sacriel ) who is teaming up with Oshi7 (www.twitch.tv/oshi7 ). Last time around they got a really good start, but they are fairly 'high value' targets so I'm not sure how long they will last for. Also, if they don't change their tactics then they could be in trouble (as, obviously, everyone now know what their approach was last time).

I think most of the contestants will be streaming and you can pick several streams to watch simultaneously here:

http://spiralnine.com/sg/

which works really well.

Not entirely sure how they're going to prevent cheating via stream sniping, but hopefully it'll run smoother than last time around.

Thanks for the reminder.

Puffin Chunks

No problems. I just wish the organisers knew the difference between GMT and BST.

Neomod

I watched Sacriel and Oshi last time and that start was excellent. Pity they were d-syncing all over the shop.

Yeah, I'll be watching Sacriel again. The pseudo military lingo is a bit OTT at times, but it's fun. Though if he comes out with something like 'shit's about to get Sac-real', I'm switching off.

Puffin Chunks

So, it's going to be on Chernarus this time. I think it's going to be standard map and loot table, but getting a response in the Sacriel chat (which moves at about 100 miles a minute) is tricky, to say the least.

Not sure how I feel about that. Whether it's a good thing that they all know the map so well. But maybe it's 'safer' as regards to server performance. A bit more predictable.

Puffin Chunks

The obvious strategy is peg it to the North West Airfield, but surely everyone will go for that. Going for the towns would surely be a bad idea?

I managed to get their chats up in Irc... dunno why I bothered it's just a mess of fan boys!

Puffin Chunks

Ok, apparently it's just the NW of Chernarus and Stary... would make more sense as the map could be too huge otherwise... guess we'll find out soon enough.

Interestingly no one is allowed to start streaming until the beginning. Probably for the best to avoid people listening in to tactics.

It is so incredibly sad that I'm quite excited about this.

Puffin Chunks

Ok... well apparently this is the map:

http://imgur.com/5Q2m5

Looks a bit tiny to me! Things are going to be hectic!

Neomod

Not a great start for oshi and sacriel.

Puffin Chunks

Yeah, not got high hopes. Not got good gear.

Watching http://www.twitch.tv/lirik looking through range finder as sac/oshi looted a deerstand was just so crazy. Listening to the audio of both.

Neomod

Watching lirik hunting sac down is intense.

Puffin Chunks

It is, but they've missed each other, so heading apart now.

You should hit the multi-stream link, it's great being able to flick between people who are near each other.

He needs to get a better gun if he has any chance.

Puffin Chunks

And there goes Sacriel. They were screwed from the start to be honest. I wish that it hadn't crashed last week.

Neomod

Two on one, no chance.

Yep, to another winnie. The multi-stream wasn't working for me tonight, so I had 4 pop-outs. Sac, Lirik, HybridPanda, and the overview map.

Puffin Chunks

That map is damn handy for knowing where the action is at. Do you have a direct link?

Neomod

They are buzzin daggerr with a helicopter.

Neomod

for camping on the school building.

Neomod

and now hybrid panda on his way to the school.

Puffin Chunks

Good, he is playing in the dullest possible way. He had a ghillie, too! He should be out in the woods making use of it!