Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brass Eye First Broadcast

Started by Wrongs, February 09, 2004, 12:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrongs

I'm doing a case study on the media's representation of paedophiles and it is vitally important to my existence that someone tells me when the Brass Eye paeodphile special ('Paedogeddon') was first aired on TV.
Anyone know? I think it was October 2001but i'm unsure.
Thanks.

Vermschneid Mehearties

No, I have a feeling it was before 9/11 actually.

butnut

It was meant to go out earlier, but it got postponed, because there had been quite a high-profile abduction of a girl or something a few days before.

EDIT - Peter put a date in.

Bilko

26th July 2001 was the date it was first aired.

The link I've put below has a whole list of newspaper articles reaction to the BES show. It was a list made by Neil I think, on the old site

http://chilled.cream.org/whyarticles.html

Frinky

This rather good site says:

Quote:: Brass Eye Special::

Made to accompany the repeat run of the original "Brass Eye" and originally scheduled for 05/07/2001 (but later pulled from the schedules for some last-minute re-editing [Channel 4 untruthfully stated that Morris wasn't yet happy with the results and wanted to spend another while "tinkering" with it. The truth is that they bottled it because of high-profile child abuse cases which happened too close to scheduled BES transmission... Neil])

So some time after that, if it's any use to you.

Edit: ne'er mind,

weekender

If this was my site, I'd be a touch annoyed that people can't even be bothered to read the nice links that are at the top of the page that must have taken a while to research and prepare:

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/brasseye.php