Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:07:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Raspberry Pi

Started by KLG-7A, May 28, 2012, 02:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLG-7A

I've put mine to "good" use: http://pi.endoftheinternet.org/

(It's serving a genuinely useful purpose as my new SVN server and as a sneaky way to use AIM at work through a command line session kept open using screen).

Famous Mortimer

Just had an email from RS, looks like people who expressed a preference will be able to start ordering in a few weeks, with something like a 3 month turnaround. I look forward to having one and giving it a cool little case and stuff.

surreal

I had an email from ParcelForce saying they had my Pi on the 11th for Express 24 delivery but nothing has turned up, and on their system there is no collection from RS or delivery to me recorded so I'm going to have to get in touch with RS and find out WTF is going on...

Famous Mortimer

Just done the order for one, but Farnell seem to not have any accessories for it - I'll need a case and suchlike. Anyone know a place that's selling them?

KLG-7A

Do you need a case? Lots of people seem to spending up to twice the cost of the thing itself to house it and get accessories for it, which is missing the point a bit, IMO. Just leave it hanging off the back of a TV or out the back of a router :-)

eBay seems to be worth a look if you want a case. I haven't got round to ordering a Pi yet, but when I do I may well get one of these for it.

If anyone's getting a Pi to run XBMC on it, you might be interested in this:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2485&start=24

Someone has hacked XBMC to support CEC commands over HDMI, which means you can control it entirely using the playback controls on your telly remote, without having to buy an IR receiver for the Pi or owt like that.

Blumf

Get yerself a 3D printer and pirate a case.

KLG-7A

Quote from: waste of chops on June 23, 2012, 08:10:06 PM
Someone has hacked XBMC to support CEC commands over HDMI, which means you can control it entirely using the playback controls on your telly remote, without having to buy an IR receiver for the Pi or owt like that.
Brilliant.

Famous Mortimer

I bought a ten quid case off eBay, just because it's the sort of thing I'm probably going to carry around, nice easy way to watch any ol' media file. Actually, I suppose that's the sort of thing I should have found out beforehand - how easy it'll be to install a media player on it. Saying that, I got fairly nifty at command line stuff last time I had a Linux machine, so I'm sure I'll be alright.

Milo

I have mine! Though I don't really know what to do with it.

mcbpete

Quote from: Milo on July 18, 2012, 04:13:29 PM
I have mine! Though I don't really know what to do with it.
Mine's just been dispatched and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have the same reaction !