Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:41:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Schneider returns to Twitter

Started by wokeonawhalescock, June 06, 2012, 11:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteGoodness, Twitter. You've grown!

QuoteThank you massively for your welcome-back words. I better go and read all the tweets I've missed now. I may be some time.

Good to see him back, he's obviously been tied up for some time.

Don_Preston

Honestly, that man is a glutton for punishment.

Tiny Poster

Famous Mortimer

Tiny Poster

Ah, but I think I posted it earlier than they did.

Famous Mortimer

"Ooh, look at me, I'm too fancy to indulge in a thread full of lame S&M puns!"

Lyndon

Is everybody making S&M puns on twitter? Is it awkward?

I don't really get the fuss, surely it's only a big deal because he took out the injunction. No one cares about S&M, it's not really embarrassing. Not very original points I make there, I'm sure.

Natnar

I don't mean to sound like a n00b but what actually happened with Schneider and Twitter?

Neil

A Twitter account was set up that posted a string of stuff about celebrity injunctions - this was the only thing it did.  It made the news, and was of course huge on Twitter.  One of the accusations was that Schneider likes BDSM and spanking, and had taken out a super injunction to stop papers running stories about it.  He left Twitter for a year, saying that he had to work on his script.

He's now back, with his show finished and ready to plug. 

It should be pointed out that at least one of the claims made by the afore-mentioned account was supposedly bogus (Jemima Khan and Jeremy Clarkson having an affair.)  So, noone really knows which had any truth to them, other than those which were publicly exposed/admitted to.

Thread about the whole thing here.

HappyTree

Good to see him back. My timeline's fun quotient just went up by 33%.

Lost Oliver

He does look like he'd like to be dominated. I can see him being spoon-fed cum in someones box room.

Great forum by the by.

Toast

Quote from: Lost Oliver on June 07, 2012, 01:32:33 PM
He does look like he'd like to be dominated. I can see him being spoon-fed cum in someones box room.

If I understand the rumour correctly then it would be him doing the feeding.

Nuclear Optimism

Yeah, the thing that annoys me about the lame S&M jokes people make is that they portray him as the one being whipped or tied up, whereas according to those tweets he was on the other side of the coin (suggesting the people quipping are just following the herd and haven't actually paid any attention to the specifics, the fucking tools). A million tired puns that don't even work in context.

I wonder why the idea of a man being the receiving end is seen as funny and embarrassing, but the other way round and he's creepy and dodgy.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on June 08, 2012, 04:16:06 AM
A million tired puns that don't even work in context.
Welcome to every internet meme, ever.

One off man mental

I bet his favourite band are Alice In Chains!

I'm deeply sorry.

Queneau

If anything, rumours of this kind would only help his career. What do you reckon is the ratio of tabloid readers that know him to those that don't? Let it out son, you'll be laughing.

Neil

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on June 08, 2012, 04:16:06 AM
Yeah, the thing that annoys me about the lame S&M jokes people make is that they portray him as the one being whipped or tied up, whereas according to those tweets he was on the other side of the coin (suggesting the people quipping are just following the herd and haven't actually paid any attention to the specifics, the fucking tools)

Thank you.  This is why I love this place.