Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:53:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Breaking Bad season 5 (July 15th)

Started by alan nagsworth, June 11, 2012, 07:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

FUCKEN PSYCHED AS A MOTHERFUCKER. Here's the promo which aired unexpectedly on AMC last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jphULKZ4E

HNNNGGHHHHHH!

So I thought I'd get your mouths watering little over a month before it begins, because I'll be damned if that ain't just sent chills down the spine of any righteous BB fan.

Also, this:

Old Nehamkin

Just came on here to make a thread about this. I was going to call it "I AM THE ONE WHO MAKES A BREAKING BAD SEASON 5 THREAD" and everyone would've laughed and made me king of the forum. But now I'm just going to have to live with that regret.

Anyway, I am also extremely excited about this season. It's still a bit disappointing that it's only 8 episodes but hopefully the intensity level will be taken up a notch to make up for it since we're so near the end. I'm actually considering just waiting till they've all aired and marathoning it, but I don't know if I have what it takes to summon up the strength.

Also, this was posted in the season 4 thread but for those who've not seen it here's the season 5 poster of Walter sitting in a room on a chair:

And here's a publicity shot of Walt and Jesse standing in the desert looking at something:

BRING IT ON!!!

alan nagsworth

Aren't they just being plebs about the fact the season is in two halves? Aaron Paul tweeted that the show was coming back for two seasons when that's not actually the case at all, is it? I dunno, who cares. There will be sixteen episodes between now and the end of the show's run and that's all I care about.

Walter really has become this fearsome Heisenberg character now hasn't he? The transformation has been an absolutely mesmerising thing to watch!

Necrophagism

I was thinking about starting from the beginning as a form of preparation, but I don't think that is going to happen. Who's the baddie gonna be?! I'm ready for some crazy Cartel madness.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Necrophagism on June 11, 2012, 09:40:28 PM
I was thinking about starting from the beginning as a form of preparation, but I don't think that is going to happen. Who's the baddie gonna be?! I'm ready for some crazy Cartel madness.

According to some casting notices released for this season, it's going to feature
Spoiler alert
some German characters (last season Hank mentioned that los Pollos Hermanos was owned by a German conglomerate)
[close]
No idea if they'll play a major role or just appear briefly in a flashback or something, though.

Artemis

Colour me blue. I can't fucking wait for this. This is up there with Lost (at it's peak, pre S6) and Prison Break (S1/2) in terms of gripping, only its a better show then both of them put together. The good thing about the eight episode thing is that they knew it from before they even started writing this. I predict they will therefore treat both halves as seasons in their own right, hence Aaron Paul's comments about two seasons. It's just such a shame there's such a stupidly long gap between them.

Anyway. I predict a lot of Walter/Heisenberg establishing himself as the drug Kingpin in the first eight episodes, and the second half to be about his downfall, and possibly Walt's death. I'd anticipate, going out on a limb, that the mid-season cliffhanger will have a lot to do with Hank and I relish seeing him fully step into the role of the all-knowing super agent. What's going to be particularly interesting is what they choose to do with the secondary characters. It could go in any direction.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on June 11, 2012, 09:43:48 PM
Spoiler alert
some German characters (last season Hank mentioned that los Pollos Hermanos was owned by a German conglomerate)
[close]

Spoiler alert
Madrigal Electromotive GmbH. They're mentioned at the end of the Los Pollos Hermanos commercial and also manufacture the air filters in the Gale's superlab.
[close]

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Necrophagism

I found their website -
Spoiler alert
. Looks like a pretty naff, fan-made thing. It's the thought that counts, I suppose.

Oh, you can see it through the spoiler block. What do I do?!

Toast

The scene that epitomises the Walt to Heisenberg transformation for me is from S3 when he learns that Hank knows about the RV. It's in a lot being repaired by the mechanic and Badger, Walt peels in there, jumps out his car and is like a force of nature. The mechanic (who seems like he could easily smash Walt in to a million pieces) looks intimidated and does exactly what Walt says. It's a small glimpse of him being completely in control of the situation and giving the orders to his goons, and this season looks like it's going to build on this. I can't wait.

Plus, I wonder if we'll get a pay off to Hank's rock collecting hobby? They might be saving that for the final episode though.

Tiny Poster

I wonder if the poster is a red herring - remember the one for season 4, which made Walt look like a badass, with Cranston saying as much in promotional interviews.

But it does make me wonder about the significance of the machine gun.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Tiny Poster on June 13, 2012, 02:31:16 PM
I wonder if the poster is a red herring - remember the one for season 4, which made Walt look like a badass, with Cranston saying as much in promotional interviews.

To be fair he did end up blowing his boss's face off with a wheelchair bomb.

Tiny Poster

Yeah - in the very last episode...

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

They've still got no distribution infrastructure of their own, have they? They destroyed the mega lab and, with Gus dead, they've lost access to his network. Walt may be the king, but of a pretty small fiefdom.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on June 13, 2012, 02:35:40 PM
To be fair he did end up blowing his boss's face off with a wheelchair bomb.
And he poisoned a child.

katzenjammer

Toast

Quote from: katzenjammer on June 13, 2012, 07:23:44 PM
Is he? It would be shit if he wasn't but still, shitter things have happened on tv

Gus will definitely be back[nb]In flashbacks[/nb]

katzenjammer

Ah yes. We still haven't heard his back story

Old Nehamkin

I'd be happy to see Gus return in flashback form but I wouldn't be that bothered if his backstory was left as a mystery to be honest.
From everything I've read from the creators it seems like his whole mysterious origin thing was just meant to function as a macguffin and I'm pretty sure Giancarlo Esposito said in the interview that it doesn't really matter. A lot of people online seem to be predicting some sort of detailed chronicling of Gus's secret history but now that he's out of the way I don't see that much point- the show's always been so tightly focussed on Walt's story and stuff like that would just seem unnecessary and distracting to me.

Toast

I hope they leave the backstory alone as well, I think the Gus flashbacks will be more like the Gale flashback we saw at the start of season 4, where it kicks off a new story that affects Walt directly. Gus was so meticulous that he probably had some clever contingency plans even for his own untimely death, and if he did make any arrangements they probably involve Mike.

Phil_A

Mad Magazine have just published their Breaking Bad parody, which for some reason they've called "Fading Bad".[nb]Seriously, what does that even mean? It's not even a pun on anything, it's just...urghhhh.[/nb] It's about as cuttingly satirical as you'd expect from a Mad Magazine cartoon in 2012.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/93/madmagazinebreakingbad.jpg

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Toast on June 13, 2012, 08:26:57 PM
I hope they leave the backstory alone as well, I think the Gus flashbacks will be more like the Gale flashback we saw at the start of season 4, where it kicks off a new story that affects Walt directly. Gus was so meticulous that he probably had some clever contingency plans even for his own untimely death, and if he did make any arrangements they probably involve Mike.

I agree, although I believe there's some back-story to Walt that could be covered - the real reasons behind his leaving the opportunity with his former colleagues (when he meets with Gretchen there's an indication on a 4th of July party from years before, he up and left without revealing why), and essentially the comparison between his transition from prodigy-to-chemistry-teacher and chemistry-teacher-to-drug-lord I think would be exceptionally revealing.

In regards to Gus, his Chilean background associated with the Germans will definitely come to light somehow. I personally believe it will be associated with something along the lines of this, although not directly necessarily.

Quote from: Phil_A on June 16, 2012, 07:32:33 PM
Mad Magazine have just published their Breaking Bad parody, which for some reason they've called "Fading Bad".[nb]Seriously, what does that even mean? It's not even a pun on anything, it's just...urghhhh.[/nb] It's about as cuttingly satirical as you'd expect from a Mad Magazine cartoon in 2012.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/93/madmagazinebreakingbad.jpg

Sometimes I get depressed. I worry that my creative ambitions are a childish fantasy that I've never grown up from, that I actually have no talent and am wasting my life making terrible music for an audience of no one, ever.

Then I see something like this, and I'm reminded that even the most talentless people somehow manage to get paid to make complete garbage, and hope fills me once again.

Thank you.

Old Nehamkin

New (very brief) promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVNk5qGEAt4

Also first 3 episodes are titled:

Spoiler alert
1. "Live Free or Die"
2. "Madrigal"
3. "Hazard Pay"
[close]

Pseudopath

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on June 16, 2012, 08:12:31 PM
Spoiler alert

2. "Madrigal"
[close]

Spoiler alert
I fucking knew it! Bring on the Teutonic psychos!
[close]

Old Nehamkin

There are quite a lot of new promo pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/0x1yM