Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:29:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coronation Street (fresh thread)

Started by Sam, June 18, 2012, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: neardark on May 05, 2018, 12:26:04 AM
Got raped.

Dark. That explains a lot. What's also dark is the story about him taking total advantage of the nice apprentice girl. I worry for her.

Fast and furious looking guy is figuring out that the new baby in the street might be actually his ex's. Or am I way off. I only catch this show in passing.

Notice how a lot of the younger characters are starting to look really similar across the soaps? Men=hunky and athletic, close crop and stubble. Women=glam with just out of the salon hair and makeup EVERY SINGLE DAY! I'm sure there's a template.

Gulftastic

First they gave us Chesney

Copping off with Katy

Someone at the show is trying to win a bet as we now have Craig

Being lusted after by Bethany

And Kayla

It makes the Phelan stuff look believable.

jobotic

Malcy

Yeah Craig must have some mind control shit going on. The Aiden stuff was good but think it would have been better without all the pre-publicity.

Emma Raducanu

Thought tonight's episode was incredibly and relentlessly depressing but brilliant. Johnnie's reaction to finding Aiden was haunting and could have cried for David explaining how he'd been raped. Cheer up Corrie.

Malcy

Quote from: DolphinFace on May 09, 2018, 10:51:05 PM
Thought tonight's episode was incredibly and relentlessly depressing but brilliant. Johnnie's reaction to finding Aiden was haunting and could have cried for David explaining how he'd been raped. Cheer up Corrie.

Yeah that was a great episode. Tough watch but everyone played it brilliantly. Enjoyed Gail's monologue over people finding out.

saltysnacks

I've just noticed that Dehved's been hit with the CaB curse, I knew his hair looked off.

Bets for when he caves and shaves? I say 2022.

ollyboro

Quote from: saltysnacks on May 10, 2018, 02:54:06 AM
I've just noticed that Dehved's been hit with the CaB curse, I knew his hair looked off.

Bets for when he caves and shaves? I say 2022.
Oh he's spectacularly bald. About 6 months ago he seemed to disappear for a month. Upon returning he was sporting the beard and diversionary curly comb over combination that's caught your expert eye. Careful examination of said barnet reveals a bouffant that runs in several directions; held together by strategic slickage in vulnerable areas. He must shit his pants at the first sign of a storm.

neardark

Coronation Street has been brilliant for ages. The writing and acting (by and large) is vastly better than any other soap. Lad who plays David Platt is a very good actor.

saltysnacks

Quote from: neardark on May 10, 2018, 10:33:06 PM
Coronation Street has been brilliant for ages. The writing and acting (by and large) is vastly better than any other soap. Lad who plays David Platt is a very good actor.

He definitely doesn't deserve to go bald.

ollyboro

Quote from: saltysnacks on May 10, 2018, 11:00:09 PM
He definitely doesn't deserve to go bald.

Mmm, dunno about that. Having the ability to act like a moody psychopath is admirable, but I'm not sure if that makes up for ignoring your disabled child. Karma wise I think Jack deserves to lose his body hair too.

Malcy

Quote from: neardark on May 10, 2018, 10:33:06 PM

The writing for the most part has been atrocious. Clichéd dialogue constantly. Can predict the next line. The storylines have been ridiculous, well they usually are but not enjoyable ridiculous. The Phelan story has stood out but it's the only one of the few decent ones recently.

The whole Toyah getting Eva's baby thing is utter shite, as was Jude lying about his career. Add in Simon being a rubbish teenager and Alya and Michelle's constant fucking moping and resting smacked arse faces and it's a shambles.

But it's being hailed as a great era. Only cos it's been talked about a lot. Look at it thoroughly and it's poor.

spanky

That Jude story has to have been one of the writers seeing how far he could go with a Seinfeld reference.

Malcy

Quote from: spanky on May 11, 2018, 12:43:38 PM
That Jude story has to have been one of the writers seeing how far he could go with a Seinfeld reference.

I hear that the boss of the Sea Life centre was a Mr Art Vanderlay.

jobotic

Aiden's descent into suicidal depression seemed very sudden didn't it? As he ever shown any signs of it before this week?

I agree that the episode in which he killed himself and the one after were well done, but it smacks a bit of "a suicide, that'll get em watching.

Malcy

Quote from: jobotic on May 11, 2018, 02:12:16 PM
Aiden's descent into suicidal depression seemed very sudden didn't it? As he ever shown any signs of it before this week?

I agree that the episode in which he killed himself and the one after were well done, but it smacks a bit of "a suicide, that'll get em watching.

There were clues for a few months but they weren't really screaming what he was planning.

jobotic

Ah okay. I didn't notice them but I often miss episodes. Johnny, David and Eva have been very good in these (sorry can't be arsed to look the actors' names up), but I agree that this baby plot is fucking ridiculous.

neardark

Think Aiden was acting strangely for ages yeah but subtle enough to not really pick up on it. Was well done imo. Eva baby storyline is ridiculous come to think of it.

jobotic

Where's Norris gone? The last scene I remember him in is when Vic Reeves thought he was his dad.

Malcy

Quote from: jobotic on May 16, 2018, 10:54:15 PM
Where's Norris gone? The last scene I remember him in is when Vic Reeves thought he was his dad.

He's off sick.

Nowhere Man

How often is Emily still in it? I know William Roache is away cause of his sons death but Emily seems to go years without making appearances these days.

Emma Raducanu

Emily left the programme. The actress didn't make any announcements because she's not an attention seeking whore. Basically snook off backstage.

Dissapointed Aiden never left everything to Eva's baby instead of Alya. Wouldv'e dealt with one ridiculous storyline immediately.

Gulftastic

In classic Corrie, Don Brennan has just lost his car playing poker with Baldwin. There was a brilliant scene where he went round to beg for time to pay the money. Mike Baldwin made him squirm. Johnny Briggs had such a great smarmy smile.

Sgt. Duckie

According to the Daily Mirror, Pat Phelan's murderous reign of terror may be coming to an end this week. I am going to miss the unhinged bastard.

Malcy

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on May 22, 2018, 02:24:51 PM
According to the Daily Mirror, Pat Phelan's murderous reign of terror may be coming to an end this week. I am going to miss the unhinged bastard.

Next Week ir week after. 9pm episodes during BGT week. Have a big event week then every year. Seen a few spoilers but trying to go in blind.

I just hope that he kills that fucking face like a slapped arse, miserable cunt Alya while he's back. If he doesn't then i'm done.

ollyboro

Pat Phelan walking down the street to a cheery Joy Division ditty. Lovely stuff. Cut to Robert driving with New Order playing.

Malcy

Quote from: ollyboro on May 31, 2018, 09:32:50 PM
Pat Phelan walking down the street to a cheery Joy Division ditty. Lovely stuff. Cut to Robert driving with New Order playing.

I liked that. Hopefully that bullet has ricocheted out of Eileen's and whizzed down the road and whacked Anna Whingearse right between the eyes. And Alya on the way.

Jockice

Quote from: ollyboro on May 31, 2018, 09:32:50 PM

Wonder if he'll get his revenge on the other two...

ollyboro

Quote from: Jockice on June 01, 2018, 09:38:42 AM
Wonder if he'll get his revenge on the other two...

Looks like he might be getting away with it.

I don't watch modern day Coronation Street but if you wish to compare the premier baddies of their respective times in Classic Corrie Alan Bradley is reaching his nefarious crescendo: in the last couple of days he has roughed up and tried to kill Rita and gone on the run. Mark Eden seems to be having a great time paying such a wrong 'un.

In a great episode a week or so back we had the death of Brian Tilsley and the debut of jack and Vera's stone cladding.