Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:20:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong Sign up and rules

Started by ziggy starbucks, June 18, 2012, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy starbucks

Rules

Here are the rules brought down the mountain many years ago by some guy I don't know:

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size.*
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

*I've arbitrarily decided to increase the image size from 600x400. If people don't like this then it can be changed

Those signed up already
Copylight
Cohaagen
Lyndon
Cerys
Delete
Repentia
Artemis
Gmoney
Baptist
Kishi
Blodwynpig
Big Jack
Nagsworth
Jemblefred
Ziggy starbucks
Consignia
crabwalk

That's only 17 so we need more players so please participate. Shots don't have to take you all day, just give yourself 20 mins to put something together involving gervais being eaten by dogs. Its not an art competition. If you signed up on one of the other two threads and I've left you out, apologies. Add your name to the list.

We need an overlord/ruler/organiser this year. Famous Mortimer did a fine job last year. Maybe we could have a few of us doing it to take the load.
We need a start date - soonish

mook

i'll have a go - seems almost churlish not to.

Miles

small_world

Unfortunately, due to my principles, I won't be taking part this year.
My decision was based solely on the name change.

Bring back WIMBLEMONG!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on June 18, 2012, 01:56:28 PM
Shots don't have to take you all day, just give yourself 20 mins to put something together involving gervais being eaten by dogs.

If only, it takes me a good hour to knock up something rubbish, such are my terrible photoshopping skills. But count me in anyhow, I'm normally out after the first round so it won't take up too much of my time! :)

DocDaneeka

Someone sent me a threatening PM, so I suppose I better sign up too.

AsparagusTrevor

micanio

Nuclear Optimism

Mr_Simnock

Artemis

Bloody hell, here come the heavy weights and my chance of making it past round one going up in smoke[nb]Do you see what I'm doing here, Verbwhore? I'm planting an early seed of sympathy into your tiny voting mind; one that subconsciously, you'll remember when it comes time to make your judgement. I am making it more possible that you might vote for me. Wimblewhatev is as much a mindgame as anything else.[/nb]

Nuclear Optimism

How do you decide who goes first?

chocky909

No one PM'd me but I'm joining in anyway.

rudi

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on June 20, 2012, 11:44:34 PM

Artemis goes first just so we can vote him out as soon as humanly possible. I love a tradition, me.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on June 20, 2012, 11:44:34 PM

a toss of my coin decides who goes first (serves) in each game, unless one player really needs to start/go second for whatever reason[nb]going away for a few days etc[/nb] and the other player is ok with it

rudi

I'm going away for a few days; can Artemis go first please?

BlodwynPig

ziggy starbucks

These are the 26 signed up, which would mean we have 13 first round matches - meaning the highest scoring loser in the first 2 rounds would still qualify

Copylight
Cohaagen
Lyndon
Cerys
Delete
Repentia
Artemis
Gmoney
Baptist
Kishi
Blodwynpig
Big Jack
Nagsworth
Jemblefred
Consignia
crabwalk
miles
smbh
jutl
DocDaneeka
Asparagus Trevor
micanio
nuclear optimism
Mr Simnock
waspy
chocky 909

I was planning to do the draw on sunday and start on monday - if people want it earlier then I'll oblige

Quote from: rudiI'm going away for a few days; can Artemis go first please?

calm down rudi, I promise that artemis will get knocked out soon!

alan nagsworth

Quote from: chocky909 on June 21, 2012, 12:15:23 AM
No one PM'd me but I'm joining in anyway.

Christ who let this twat in? Nice one lads. Real smart.

Nuclear Optimism

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on June 21, 2012, 01:47:12 PM
I was planning to do the draw on sunday and start on monday - if people want it earlier then I'll oblige

I reckon if people were going to sign up they would have. Let's get cracking.

chocky909

ziggy starbucks

I put your names in excel and sorted the list according to a random number generator

Waspy vs crabwalk
Copylight vs Gmoney
Baptist vs micanio
Blodwynpig vs miles
DocDaneeka vs nuclear optimism
Asparagus Trevor vs Mr Simnock
Nagsworth vs Delete
chocky 909 vs Artemis
Repentia vs Lyndon
Jemblefred vs Cohaagen
Kishi vs Big Jack
Small man big horse vs Cerys
Jutl vs Consignia

the 13 winners plus the highest scoring loser go into the next round

Those serving have ~72 hours to post their image.

BlodwynPig

Do we post in an individual thread - I think thats how i remember it...ok will try something today

ziggy starbucks

yeah, servers start a new thread in this sub forum with a title something like Wimblewrong 2012 1st round: Blodwynpig vs miles

Nuclear Optimism

Oh great I'm up against one of last year's finalists. Fuck, and the year before too.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on June 22, 2012, 02:01:14 PM
Oh great I'm up against one of last year's finalists. Fuck, and the year before too.

You've made a load of friends here though, I think you'll be alright.

Artemis

Quotechocky 909 vs Artemis

Oh for fucks sake.

Crabwalk

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on June 22, 2012, 01:05:31 PM

Waspy vs crabwalk
Copylight vs Gmoney
Baptist vs micanio
Blodwynpig vs miles
DocDaneeka vs nuclear optimism
Asparagus Trevor vs Mr Simnock
Nagsworth vs Delete
chocky 909 vs Artemis
Repentia vs Lyndon
Jemblefred vs Cohaagen
Kishi vs Big Jack
Small man big horse vs Cerys
Jutl vs Consignia

Where are you Ziggy????

Nuclear Optimism

He'll be up against a new poster which is really his sock puppet, who will post deliberately awful 'shops, so ziggy will breeze through the first round.