Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:53:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Those albums you haven't touched in years

Started by 23 Daves, June 21, 2012, 06:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on June 26, 2012, 11:54:19 AM
It's easy to become bored of 60s pop. There was a point later on in the decade where it just fell off completely.

Yeah, the arrival of the 70s really killed the whole "60s pop" genre.

Phil_A

Quote from: The Plunger on June 29, 2012, 09:13:20 PM
'Sketches' is the very definition of patchy (as to be expected I suppose). But 'Everybody Here Wants You' was by far the stand-out track for me, still play this a lot :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrMwgTc69y4

I had a similar experience as others on here did with Grace - really obsessed with it for a particular period, but have absolutely no inclination to revisit it now.

The only Buckley songs I tend to go back to now are both off Sketches, "Nightmares By The Sea" and this one, which turns out it was the last thing he recorded before his ill-advised excursion in the river. Figures, really.

Retinend

"Sketches" would have been a marvellous album. Weird and wonderful; reckless, lustful, and very unlike the high-minded, tender soul of "Grace." I think some people neglect to consider that the man planned on a long career, and not to leave a semi-mythological legacy of perfect recordings. He was the son of Tim Buckley, for goodness sakes! A weird, winding discography of occasional self-indulgence, occasional mass-appeal would have been his fate. Had it been, his fans might today be a lot less annoying.