Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:08:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2012: Round 1 - chocky909 vs Artemis

Started by chocky909, June 25, 2012, 08:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holf Rarris

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on June 29, 2012, 07:13:56 PM
Ah my old enemy the wrong aspect ratio. (The image is still really 899x600, you need to crop it, not resize it)

Fuck it...I am at home now, the image is at work...i guess I can do it in paint?

Nuclear Optimism

alan nagsworth

Holf Rarris

Crabwalk

I'm afraid you're disqualified, Holf. Now regenerate again and take cohaagen's place, quick!

BlodwynPig

Holf is dead.

I don't understand. He resized in paint to 800 x 600, that is the pic you see.

Fucking Nazi's all of you... (Holf's words not mine)

Plus he was using a German version of Paint, so fucking ridiculous to see what to do with a time limit.

Nuclear Optimism

What you did in paint was essentially what you did in-post: squeezing the whole image to the required dimensions as opposed to cropping out the superfluous 99 pixels.

BlodwynPig

Yes, but there is no way to tell how to crop those 99 pixels in German paint. Any tips for future reference.

I bet you are all fun guys in the stationary cupboard (Holf's words, not mine).

Nuclear Optimism

I'm sure you can crop in Paint. Just make sure the image itself isn't selected when you drag the edge over (ie the manual way).

BlodwynPig

OK, thanks. But if I crop - how can I monitor the pixels so I know its correct aspect ratio?

Nuclear Optimism

ziggy starbucks

I think its best if blodwyn starts a new thread for his serve, voters will be very confused

Nuclear Optimism

All great art is confusing. Great art like Dogs Playing Poker.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on June 29, 2012, 08:17:42 PM

Who's entry is this? A bit of a poor show as the only Wronginging I can see is some numbers added to the border.

... and an arrow.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on June 29, 2012, 08:29:18 PM
Who's entry is this? A bit of a poor show as the only Wronginging I can see is some numbers added to the border.

... and an arrow.

they appeared in the original painting as well

BlodwynPig

Everything I use says I am 800 x 600. My paint does have the numbers at the bottom and says 800 x 600

BlodwynPig

Crabwalk

Just count the pixels using a magnifying glass like the rest of us.

BlodwynPig

Done....I might be 1 pixel over and therefore forfeit this sacred tournament in shame.

ziggy starbucks

disguise any pixel problems by making it arty and weird

Nuclear Optimism

BlodwynPig