Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] Guitar songs you enjoy playing

Started by Neil, June 26, 2004, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labian Quest

Yeah, I'd like to hear that, though what I meant was that it might be hard to get it sounding right without the accordion (or whatever it is they're using) there, plus all the harmonies; it doesn't sound very buskable to me.

Marty McFly

i thought this would be a fairly appropriate thread to ask for some help..

does anybody know how to play "whatever happened to you?", the "whatever happened to the likely lads" theme tune? i've been pissing about with it for ages now and it's one of those songs i just can't seem to suss out. probably me being a deaf cunt and it's a devilishly simple sequence, but for the life of me i can't fathom it. there's a G somewhere, that's about all i've got..

here's the song.. if anybody reading feels like being a kind soul and has a bash at it, i'd really appreciate it.

(incidentally, it's a fucking amazing tune.)

V

Pretty straightforward:
chorus is F C G C

verse sounds a bit like 'Let It Be':
C G Am F
C G F C

At 2:44, just strum C for a bit then it modulates to D so the chorus sequence becomes:
G D A D

Stays on A at the end and would segue nicely into any Status Quo number...

HTH

Marty McFly

legendary! cheers very much for that.. and so fast as well ;)

Toad in the Hole

Enjoying playing a load of stuff off the most recent Elbow album.

Particularly the title track, Leaders of the Free World works well acoustically, a lot of the other stuff is rhythmically too complex to be able to sing as well.

But liking Forget Myself, Mexican Standoff, Picky Bugger to play.

Robot Devil

*bump*

I've been trying to play and sing, at the same time, Stretch Out And Wait by The Smiths, and it's a bastard. It's in open D tuning (D A D F# A D) with a capo on the 2nd fret. Here, have a PDF tab:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ubxx6r

Toad in the Hole

Can anyone get anywhere near John Martyn's 'May You Never'?  Have had his Solid Air album for ages and not got into it, but now find that it's a great late night album.  Great Danny Thompson bass-playing on the album as well; the title song is apparently about Nick Drake.

I may well start a '70s folk thread when I'm less tired, having had a search, there was a very short-lived Fairport Convention thread yonks ago.  Anyone else interested is welcome to start it for me!