Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] Guitar songs you enjoy playing

Started by Neil, June 26, 2004, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

All the talk about frailing yesterday has got me interested in finger-picking again.  I think I'll spend the next few weeks concentrating on it as it does sound bloody great.  I've been dicking about with that Blackbird tab APTS posted, but there's another version on guitarnoise which has it all broken down and explained, check it out.  Some other good stuff to work through, including finger-picking excercises, on this site

Capt.Midnight

Once I'd gotten the hang of Metallica's 'Nothing Else Matters' I didn't stop playing it for 7 years. Buskers' favourite. The tabs all over the web and it's incredibly popular at parties, gotten a few free beers from it anyway.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I've just started trying to learn Dear Prudence, which has quite a nice finger picking guitar, here is the best tab I've found. I'm finding it quite tricky, but I've only just started learning it so it'll probably get a little bit easier once I'm used to it. Brilliant song though.

Neil

Great song, did you know it's about Mia Farrows sister?  Lennon wrote it in Rishikesh as she wouldn't stop meditating and come out of her room.  I spent hours working on that Blackbird tab on Sunday evening, and have it sounding nice now!  I've been looking at the video lesson again and it has a nice little index finger-flick when you slide up to the 10th and 12th frets, which I've incorporated into my playing.  Next up will be Julia

A Passing Turk Slipper

I remember them saying something about that on one of the anthology shows. I've spent so much time watching that box set since I got it a couple of weeks ago, it's really got me into the Beatles again, I've been learning loads of stuff by them. Last night I was attempting the Hey Bulldog solo, it's quite hard but that bit where you play the five high Es fast on the 12th fret is so satisfying and sounds great. I'll probably get started on Julia tommorrow. Cheers for the link, that site's great, I'm sure it'll take me half the time to learn it now than it would have had I just got a random tab.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Bumpety Bump.
Come on, let's keep this thread alive. I've been playing To Have and To Have Not by Billy Bragg. It's really easy (just G C G, Em D G open chords) but it's a cracking song and great fun to play and sing along to. I've also been doing some finger picking thing called 'Saturday Night Shuffle' that you might have heard before. I always hear one of my mates playing it, it's pretty damn catchy and really jolly and fun, so I learnt it. I'd recommend it because it's pretty hard to get the hang of but then it's all easy and it sounds great. I'll try and find a tab or do one myself. What have you lot been playing recently then? This thread should get posted to more, I like reading about what your all learning and trying some of it myself.

Neil

Good one, I've been thinking of bumping this too.  At the minute I'm dicking around with a few things, Satch Boogie by Joe Satriani, and I'll be having a stab at "Always With Me, Always With You" next.  Also working on the solo to "Who's Crying Now" by Journey.  I learnt to play Manic Depression the other week and was well chuffed, I don't really fiddle with Jimi songs much as I love him, but this is a piece of piss to play, and sounds great.  I fancy learning some stuff by Television next, but there seems to be a dearth of tabs or guitarpro files on the net, gah.  Also want to learn some Big Star stuff.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Did anyone see that 60's music hall of fame thing on last night? If so can you remember the name of the first Simon and Garfunkel song shown, they were on stage just them and an acoustic. The reason I ask is that it was a really nice fingerpicking pattern that sounded fun to play and thought this was probably the best thread to ask in.

Huzzie

Songs I'm playing right now.

BAck on Smiths stuff. Currently loving playing
William twas really nowt
What Difference
Still Ill
Some Girls

Zeppelin
Babe I'm gonna leave you (played that for over ten years now, I love it)
Various solos

And the old favorite
Jimi-Little WIng

Spiteface

I'm still bashing out pumpkins songs, currently still liking "I of the Mourning"

http://spfc.org/data/music/gtab/iofthemourning-32.tab

Also When I can be arsed to tune to E flat, countless songs from "Mellon Collie" but I've been trying to learn "Stumbleine"

http://spfc.org/data/music/gtab/stumbleine-32.tab

Difficult for me, as I dont really do acoustic fingerpicking, but I love this song.

wilystoat

Little Wing is absolutely brilliant to play, especially if you've got an effects board.
Also,
Led Zep: Over the Hills and Far Away
Fleetwood Mac: Albatross - fingerstyle, using the thumb to play a simple droning E/F/A bassline
Melvins: Revolve - It's like playing 'Du Hast', only still more satisfying.
And Hey Joe and Smokestack Lightnin'  and loads of other stuff.

keep this thread alive!

This is a song that takes about a minute to learn, but the chords sound so awesome that you'll be strumming it for hours.

Shelter from the storm - Bob Dylan

Tune to open D so:

e  --->   d     down 1 tone
B --->    A    down 1 tone
G --->    F#     down 1/2 tone
D --->    D    stays same obiviously
A --->     A     same
E --->     D    down 1 tone

4 chords:

-0----0----0----0
-0----0----0----0
-3----3----1----0
-4----0----0----0
-5----5----3----0
-0----0----0----0

listen to the song for the rhythm and words (and there are plenty of those, I can only remember 3 verses!)

Next up, bluegrass.
Someone above said that country was unhip, but this has to be the peak of redneck music, and goldarn it if it ain't fun to play.

The G run.

----------------------------
----------------------------
-------------------------0-
------------0--2h--0----
----0-1-2----------------
-3-------------------------

Under the Double Eagle

apologies for the playing, best I could manage with this apalling hangover.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Bump
I've been playing Caribou by Pixies recently, and very enjoyable it is too. I'll link to a tab later. What have you all been playing? I've got tons of nice stuff out of this thread before.

micanio

Been playing as much Pink Floyd as possible - especially Shine on You Crazy Diamond and Time - the solo's make me weep....

I've been trying to enhance my soloing without learning scales and trying to play Dave Gimours solos is an education  in itself - less is more....

Plank

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"Bump
I've been playing Caribou by Pixies recently, and very enjoyable it is too. I'll link to a tab later. What have you all been playing? I've got tons of nice stuff out of this thread before.

The intro to Caribou is fantastic to play isn't it, and the chorus sounds spiffing too if you attack it well. FrankBlack.net has quite a comprehensive Pixies/Frank Black tab archive if anyone is interested in that sort of thing.

The songs I've been learning over the last couple of days are I Can See for Miles by The Who, Rock 'n' Roll Suicide by Bowie and Old Black Dawning by Frank Black.

Labian Quest

See if you can guess who this is, not sure if  I'm even playing it right.

There are three chord shapes here:

#1...

e|0
b|0
g|2
d|4
a|4
E|2

#2...

e|0
b|0
g|2
d|2
a|0
E|0

#3....

e|0
b|0
g|2
d|1
a|2
E|0

Shape #1

e----------------0------------------------
b---------------------0-------0-----------
g----------2--------------2-------2-----0
d------4-----------------------------------
a------------------------------------------
E---2-------------------------------------

Shape #2

e----------------------------------------
b------0--------------------------------
g------2--------------------------------
d----------------------------------------
a---0------------------------------------
E-----------------------------------------

Shape # 3

e---------------------------------
b------------------0--------------
g------------2--------------------
d---0~1--------------------------
a---0~2--------------------------
E----------------------------------

Huzzie

Labian. I think this is the right way to play it (may be wrong, i havent layed it or heard it for several years now but give it a go)

E||-----------------0----|----------------------|----------------||
B||----------------------|--2-------------------|----------------||
G||------------2---------|-------2--------------|--2----2--------||
D||-------4--------------|------------4---------|--2----1--------||
A||--4-------------------|-----------------4----|--0----2--------||
E||----------------------|----------------------|----------------||

That is of course if you are playing that Oasis song

Labian Quest

You could be right, Huzzie, I don't actually have a copy of the song so I'm playing it from memory but the only thing that I can see different is the first note; you've put a C# where I've got an F#, it may even be both of those notes at the same time, dunno.

Nice tune though. I'm buying a new guitar tomorrow too, probably a Yamaha Pacifica. Just thought I'd share that.

Huzzie

My ex had a yamaha Pacific. In fact my mate did too.

Good value for money. I would suggest these guitars to anyone wanting to spend such an amount.

The defo sound better than the Encores and all the other strat copies.

Labian Quest

Yeah, Encores/Staggs/Crafters = Meh.

I was fairly close to buying one of those Pacifica's because they are pretty good for the money, but then I played a guitar called a G&L tribute in Dawson's (I hadn't heard of G&L before, but apparently it was Leo Fender's old company) and even though it's quite a bit more than I was originally planning to spend (£349) it's an awesome guitar and urinates on just about everythng else I've seen in that price range. IMO.

I've also found a very good resource for user reviews of guitars and equipment:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/

They've got reviews of just about any guitar you can think of on there, though some of the reviewers do give suspiciously high scores.

Spiney Norman

Glad to see Dylan mentioned numerous times in this thread already! Learning to play the songs from Blood on the Tracks in their original "open-E" tuning versions was one of the best guitar-related experiences I have had. I was very surprised to learn so much from what appear to be such simple songs. Check out //www.dylanchords.com for the chords to just about everything Dylan's ever recorded. They're not particularly detailed tabs, but I find the challenge of coming up with a decent arrangement around those chords to be one of the most pleasurable aspects of it all.

I also enjoy playing some Bert Jansch fingerpicking tunes. It's much harder to find transcriptions (ie. tabs) of those, but they are out there. If anyone's interested, I'll dig the links out of my bookmarks folder!

Someone mentioned Pink Floyd as well, I've recently picked up the tabs for dark side of the moon and am having a lot of fun playing those too.

Dan

Frinky

I've been learning most of The Who's Tommy, and it's been hugely satisfying. Not only are a lot of the songs fun to play, but there are some beautiful chords and progressions (See Me, Feel Me especially).

Pinball Wizard is a lot of fun - nice easy chords all based around the same shape, with one awkward stretch (normally easy but if you want to keep the strings ringing, the change to F#m7 is a bit of pain in the arse).

Bm/F#             Bmsus4/F#         F#7sus4

|-2---------------|-0---------------|-0---------------|
|-3---------------|-3---------------|-2---------------|
|-4---------------|-4---------------|-4---------------|
|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|
|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|

F#7                   F#m7              Em/F#

|-0-------------------|-0---------------|-0---------------|
|-2-------------------|-2---------------|-0---------------|
|-3-------------------|-2---------------|-0---------------|
|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-----|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|
|---------------------|-----------------|-----------------|
|---------------------|-----------------|-----------------|

Em/G             F#sus4                 F#

|-----------------|---------------------|-------------------|
|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2---|
|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-|-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3---|
|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-0-|
|-----------------|---------------------|-------------------|
|-----------------|T2-------------------|-2-----------------|

Bsus4                   B

||-----------------------|-----------------------||
||-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-||
||-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-||
||-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-||
||T7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-||

Bsus4                   B

||-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-||
||-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-|-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-||

"Ever since I was a young boy  I've played the silver ball.

|----------------------------|-------------------------|
|---7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7------|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7---|
|-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9------|-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8---|
|-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9------|-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9---|
|----------------------------|-------------------------|
|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7------|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7---|

"From Soho down to Brighton   I must have played them all.
 Asus4                       A

|---------------------------|-------------------------|
|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-----|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5---|
|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-----|-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6---|
|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-----|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7---|
|---------------------------|-------------------------|
|T5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-----|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5---|

"But I ain't seen nothin' like him in any amusement hall.
 Gsus4                             G

|---------------------------------|-----------------------|
|-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-----------|-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-|
|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-----------|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-|
|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-----------|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|
|---------------------------------|-----------------------|
|T3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-----------|-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-|

"That deaf, dumb, and blind kid  sure plays a mean pin-
 F#sus4                         F#

|------------------------------|-----------------------|
|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--------|-2---------------------|
|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4--------|-3---------------------|
|-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4--------|-4---------------------|
|------------------------------|-----------------------|
|T2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--------|-2---------------------|

"Ball.
 B   A D     E              B   A D     E

|-------2---|-0-0--0-0-0-0-|-------2---|-0-0--0-0-0-0--|
|-4-4-2-3---|-0-0--0-0-0-0-|-4-4-2-3---|-0-0--0-0-0-0--|
|-4-4-2-2---|-1-1--1-1-1-1-|-4-4-2-2---|-1-1--1-1-1-1--|
|-4-4-2-0---|-2-2--2-2-2-2-|-4-4-2-0---|-2-2--2-2-2-2--|
|-2-2-0---0-|-2-2--2-2-2-2-|-2-2-0---0-|-2-2--2-2-2-2--|
|-----------|-0-0--0-0-0-0-|-----------|-0-0--0-0-0-0--|

"T" indicates thumbover.

The rest of the song is on the net, obviously, and is also pretty easy (nice appearance of Cadd9, one of my favourite chords), but this is the best known bit and the most fun to play.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Yeah, Tommy is great fun to play. I really want to learn how to play the Overture in full but it gets pretty difficult at about 4:30. Recently I've been playing Here She Comes Now by the Velvet Underground which is really easy and also doing Ball and the Biscuit by the White Stripes, I really like the little runs he does in that, I've been quite into my White Stripes recently, I've been playing stuff from all their albums. On the subject of the Who though I was listening to The Who Sell Out today and really enjoying it. Their are some really brilliant tunes in it and I remember being really surprised that they had used all those riffs from Tommy in such an early album. Anyway, cheers for that tab, I may give that a go later.

Frinky

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"Their are some really brilliant tunes in it and I remember being really surprised that they had used all those riffs from Tommy in such an early album. Anyway, cheers for that tab, I may give that a go later.

I think Townshend is very honestly underrated as one of the guitar greats. For someone who rarely indulged himself in full on solos - as opposed to fills and runs, his understanding and manipulation of melody is on this huge, vast scale (ie, writing the operas).

Going through most of his songs turns up some fantastic chords and arrangments - so many times looking at his work, I've gone "wuh?" and had to search out pretty obscure chords. More than anyone else whose work I've learnt, I always think "Now, why didn't I think of that?" His genius is very understated.

He's just a mind-blowing musician.

Yeah, I'm Gay For Pete.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I totally agree. I remember I was gushing about Townshend to one of my mates ages ago because he didn't really rate him very highly, and I think the reason he and loads of others don't is because their are so few big 'SOLO AAARRRGGHHH SOLO' moments in his songs, it's when you start to try and play stuff like Tommy that you really understand how great he is. I think the Overture in Tommy is a perfect example of this, you've got some incredibly technical playing then you've also got all the great chord progressions which are so much fun to play and often, as you say, involve chords you've never come across. So in conclusion, I'm also Gay For Pete.

Frinky

Yeah, exactly.

It's strange, in a way - Pagey and co's effect was felt straight away - the hair metal of the late 70's and 80's. Yet for some reason, Townshend's influence took a lot lot longer to filter through. Pity, really.

I knew this had been coming for years, and I was so ready to buy this... and they made it a limited ed. of 75 - so I had no chance. Weep.

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/signature/townshend/PeteTownshend.html

A Passing Turk Slipper

It is a lovely guitar. This is a great link to the Who Tabs section on the guitars Pete has used, if you've not been there before it's really interesting, I've spent hours there.

Frinky

I have, yeah, thanks.

The irony here is that I could probably get an original 70's Deluxe, and modify it, for about half what the sig model sells for ($5000).

I might have to :(

A Passing Turk Slipper

I've been learning a few bits and bobs of Dark Side of the Moon. I've started Time, and it is great fun to play, here's the tab (I missied out the first two minutes, that's just ---0---------------2----... on the low e) which I got from MXTabs:
Edit: Arg. Copy and paste to notepad.

------------------|----5---5---5----0--x-5-|--------------------------|
------------------|----7---7---7----7--x-7-|----5---5----5-----5--5-5-|
------------------|----6---6---6----6--x-6-|----6---6----6-----6--6-6-|
------------------|------------------------|----7---7----7-----7--7-7-|
------------------|------------------------|--------------------------|
------------------|------------------------|-----------0-----0--------|

--------------------------|-------------------------------|
-----5--5-5---5----5--5-5-|----10--10-12---10----10-9-9-9-|
-----4--4-4---4----4--4-4-|----11--11-13---11----11-9-9-9-|
-----6--6-6---6----6--6-6-|----11--11-13---11----11-9-9-9-|
--------------------------|-------------------------------|
--0-----------------------|-------------------------------|

-------------------------|--5----5--5-5------5--5-5-|-------------------------|
----5--5-5---5--5--5-5---|--5----5--5-5------5--5-5-|----5--5-5---5----5--5-5-|
----6--6-6---6--6--6-6---|--6----6--6-6------6--6-6-|----4--4-4---4----4--4-4-|
----7--7-7---7--7--7-7---|--------------------------|----6--6-6---6----6--6-6-|
-------------------------|--------------------------|-------------------------|
-------------------------|-----------------0--------|-------------------------|

----5--5-7---5----5--5--|--5---------------------|--4--------4--------|
----7--7-9---7----7--7--|--5------------5h7h5----|--5--------5--------|
----6--6-8---6----6--6--|--6------------------7--|--4--------4--------|
------------------------|--7---------------------|--7--------7--------|
------------------------|--5---------------------|--0--------0--------|
------------------------|------------------------|--------------------|

--5---------------------|--4----------------|--------------------------|
--5------------5h7h5----|--5----------------|--5--7--5--7--5--7--5--7--|
--6------------------7--|--4----------------|--6-----------------------|
--7---------------------|--7----------------|--7-----------------------|
--5---------------------|--0----------------|--5-----------------------|
------------------------|-------------------|--------------------------|

--4--------------------|--2------------2-2---|-----4------7--------|
--5--------5--7-5---7--|--3------------3-3---|-----3------5--------|
--4--------4-----------|--2------------------|-----4------7--------|
--6--------6-----------|--4------------------|--2--2------0--------|
--4--------4-----------|--2------------------|--2------------------|
-----------------------|---------------------|--0------------------|

------------------------|--------------------------|-------------------------|
-------2----------2-2---|--------2---2--2----------|-------------------------|
-------2----------2-2---|--------2---4b-4r---2--2--|-------1-1---------1-1---|
------------------------|--2-----2-----------------|-------2-2---------2-2---|
------------------------|--------------------------|-------------------------|
--2---------2-2---------|--------------------------|--0-----------0--0-------|

-----------------------------|------------------------|
---------2-------------------|------------------2-2---|
---------2--4r-----2--2------|------------------2-2---|
------------------------2-2--|-------4----------------|
-----------------------------|------------------------|
--0h2--2---------------------|--2---------0h2---------|

--------------------------------------|-------------------------|
-----------------14-14-------15--14---|-------------------------|
--2----2--2-x----14-14-------14--14---|-------1-1---------------|
--2----2--2-x-14-14-14-14h16-16--14---|-------2-2---------------|
--0--0-0--0-x-------------------------|-------------------------|
--------------------------------------|--0------------2r---0--1-|

-------------------------|------------------------|
-------2-2---------2-2---|-------2----------2-2---|
-------2-2---------2-2---|-------2----------2-2---|
--2----------0h2---------|--2---------0h2---------|

-------------------------------|----------0----------0------|
---------2-x-x-x-x-----3--2----|----------0------------0----|
--2--2---2-x-x-x-x-----2--2----|--------1--------------1----|
--2--2---2-x-x-x-x-2-2-2--2----|--------2-------------------|
--0--0-------------------------|-------------2--0--0--------|
-------0---------------------0-|--0---0-------------------0-|

------------------------------|-------------------------|
---------2-2-----------2-2--2-|-------2----------2-2--0-|
---------2-2-----------2-2--2-|-------2----------2-2--0-|
--0h2--2------0-0-2--2--------|--2---------0-2----------|

----------------------------|---------0---------------|
-------------3--2----2h3-2--|---------0---------------|
--2----------2--2----2---2--|-------1-----------------|
--2------2h4----2--2-----2--|-------2-----------------|
--0-------------------------|-------------------------|
----------------------------|--0------------2b2--0--0-|

---------------------------|-------------------|-------------------|
--------2-2----------2-2---|--3----------------|--2----------------|
--------2-2----------2-2---|--2----------------|--2----------------|
---------------------------|--0----------------|--2----------------|
---------------------------|-------------------|--0----------------|
--0-2--------0-0-2---------|-------------------|-------------------|

-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|
--3----------------|--2----------------|--3----------------|-------------------|
--2----------------|--2----------------|--2----------------|--6----------------|
--0----------------|--2----------------|--0----------------|--6----------------|
-------------------|--0----------------|--0----------------|--4----------------|
-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|--4----------------|

-------------------|-----4------7--------|--5----5----5----5--5-5-|
-------------------|-----3------5--------|--7----7----7----7--7-7-|
--4----------------|-----4------7--------|--6----6----6----6--6-6-|
--4----------------|--2--2------0--------|------------------------|
--2----------------|--2------------------|------------------------|
--2----------------|--0------------------|------------------------|

-------------------5-5-|----4--4-4---0----0--0-0-|-------------------------|
------5----5----5--5-5-|----5--5-5---0----0--0-0-|----5--5-5---2----2--2-2-|
------6----6----7--6-6-|----4--4-4---1----1--1-1-|----6--6-6---2----2--2-2-|
------7----7----7--7-7-|-------------2----2--2-2-|----7--7-7---4----4--4-4-|
-----------------------|-------------------------|-------------------------|
-----------------------|-------------------------|-------------------------|

----5--5-5---7----5--4--|---------5----5-----5--5-5-|-------------------------|
----7--7-7---9----7--5--|----5--5-5----5-----5--5-5-|----5--5-5---5----5--5-5-|
----6--6-6---8----6--4--|----6--6-7----6-----7--6-6-|----4--4-4---4----4--4-4-|
------------------------|----7--7-7----7-----7--7-7-|----6--6-6---7----6--6-6-|
------------------------|------------0-----0--------|-------------------------|
------------------------|---------------------------|-------------------------|

----5--5-5---5----5-5-5-5-|--5---------------------|--4-----------------|
----7--7-7---7----7-7-7-7-|--5------------5h7h5----|--5--------0--------|
----6--6-6---6----6-6-6-6-|--6------------------7--|--4--------1--------|
--------------------------|--7---------------------|--7--------2--------|
--------------------------|--5---------------------|--0--------0--------|
--------------------------|------------------------|--------------------|

--5---------------------|--4----------------|--5---------------------|
--5------------5h7h5----|--5----------------|--5------------5h7h5----|
--6------------------7--|--4----------------|--6------------------7--|
--7---------------------|--7----------------|--7---------------------|
--0---------------------|--0----------------|--5---------------------|
------------------------|-------------------|------------------------|

-----------7----4------|--2----------------|----------------------|
--5---------------5----|--3----------------|--10--------10--------|
--4-----------------6--|--2----------------|--7---------10--------|
--6--------------------|--4----------------|--7---------10--------|
--4--------------------|--2----------------|--9---------x---------|
-----------------------|-------------------|--7---------7---------|

--7----------------|----------||
--8----------------|----------||
--9----------------|----------||
--9----------------|----------||
--7----------------|----------||
--0----------------|----------||

And the solo...

E||-----------------------|----------------------|---------------------|
B||-----------------------|----------------------|---------------------|
G||-----------------4r-4b-|--4----------4r---4h2-|--4b-4---------------|
D||--4--------------------|----------------------|-----------------4b--|
A||-----------------------|----------------------|---------------------|
E||-----------------------|----------------------|---------------------|

------------------5-----5-----|-----------------------|------------9---9r---9--|
------------5--5----7h5----7--|-----------------------|------------------------|
---------6--------------------|----------4b4------4h2-|--4b-4b---9-------------|
--4---------------------------|--4--------------------|------------------------|
------------------------------|-----------------------|------------------------|
------------------------------|-----------------------|------------------------|

--------------------------|-------------------|
--10r-----10-9-----9r9----|-------------------|
-----------------------9b-|--9r---------------|

------------------------17------------|----------------------------|
----------14--17b---17b-----17b---17--|--17------------------------|
------14------------------------------|-------16b--------16r---16b-|
--16----------------------------------|----------------------------|
--------------------------------------|----------------------------|
--------------------------------------|----------------------------|

------------------------------------|--------------17b---17r---|
------------------17--17------------|----------14--------------|
--16r--16-16--------------16r---14--|--------------------------|
------------------------------------|--16----------------------|
------------------------------------|--------------------------|
------------------------------------|--------------------------|

-------------------------------------|------------------19b---19--19b-|
--17b---------17r-17-----------------|--------------17----------------|
----------------------16r16h14-16-14-|--16b---------------------------|
-------------------------------------|--------------------------------|

----19--19--19------16------------------|--------------------------------------|
------------------------17------17/-19--|--19----19/17-17-17-17/14-14-14-14/---|
----------------------------16----------|--------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|

-------------------------------------|-------------------------|
-----------7--10/-12--10------9/-10--|--9----9/---5------7/-9--|
-----2/-7----------------------------|-------------------------|
--4----------------------------------|-------------------------|

-----------------------------|--------------------|-----------------------|
--9------7/-5/-7----5/-2/-5--|--2-----------------|-----------------------|
-----------------------------|---------4b---------|--5b-------4b-------2--|

---------------------------|------------------------|-------------------||
--4r-4--4------------4h-2--|--4--------2------4-----|-------------------||
---------------------------|----------------6---6/4-|--2----------------||

Des Nilsen

Oh, 'Time' is fantastic to play. I haven't played it in a while now, you've reminded me. The solo is so bloody satisfying... I like to start it with an octave chord. Nice and fuzzy, bit of delay, optional reverb... lovely.

I like the way the verses are so tight and minimal too, just the odd stab at a partial chord while the drums and bass do their thing. The 'Breathe Reprise' is lovely too. Good song to sing and play, though I'm a bit rusty at doing both, it makes me want to sing along.

At the moment I'm playing 'Love Me Two Times' by The Doors and it's sweet as anything with just one amp setting and no effects. Great fun. That's a singalong-er, too.
Also like playing 'Fashion' by Bowie with fuzzy and tinny sounds to a drum machine beat.

-