Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:47:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yuru Yuri♪♪ and... not much else by the looks of the list [Summer anime]

Started by Pedro_Bear, June 27, 2012, 06:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I was actually gonna make this thread with the same title, word for word.  No lie.

Actually a bit weirded out, now.

Pedro_Bear

The fuck, anime? Did they all book annual leave at the same time without consulting each other?

Joshiraku could be good? Lots of cosplay anyway, and it's JC Staff inbetween Raildex projects, so, yeah, this could be a hidden gem.

Well-hidden by the looks of this cheap, RPG-adaptation-heavy Summer. We've been spoiled rotten this past year or so, so I guess it's slacker-season.

Kokoro Connect appears to have the same art designer as K-ON! so KyoAni-fixer rather than full-on K-rack. Genderswap plot, mmm... I'm finding it difficult to get into cheerleading mode here. Yeah, this will probably be good.

Tari Tari looks girlie-weepy, so I'll be keeping an eye on that one.

Now, Moyashimon Returns is the sequel to one of anime's extremely well-hidden trap shows. Superficially it appears to be very old-fashioned, we-rolled-dice-for-the-premise of a college agricultural student with the magical ability to be able to talk to bacteria (yes, that's the premise, no, I'm not making it up) but it very quickly veers off into sinister agenda waters with Kei Yuuki stealing every scene s/he's in. It's probably not worth much more of a superficial gander, though.

Ika Musume OVA. Hyouka OVA, stand alone episode. And that's about it, in preview, anyway.

The show we want to be made, and made well, doesn't even appear to be on the horizon. Pic related, it's the show we want to be made, and made well. Maybe next year?

Still... Yuru Yuri♪♪ looks awesome. The story so far.

So, yeah. The comedy about nothing at all heads up the Summer previews. Which makes the joke even funnier, come to think about it.

madhair60

I'll use this season to catch up on all the REPERTORY ANIME I've acquired.

Consignia

I'm actually kind of glad there isn't much to watch this season. I was hideously over-burdened because of the Spring season's glut of shows, and even then I was not watching all the things I wanted to. It makes decisions easier. Summer is traditionally quite rubbish anyway, so it's to be expected.

madhair60

Need a gif of Kyouko wailing on the air guitar ASAP.

DAT FUCKING OP GUYS

Big Jack McBastard

Oi you bloody savages, bugger off and ruin a different thread.

Of course I shall be watching YuruYuri and like the rest of us catching up on the mountain I've got stored away.

Hank Venture

Your weird-bros started it. Read up on Necrophagisms latest blinder of a thread.

Desi Dubs Dallas

no they didn't people were posting spaniels and superman gifs in that thread long before anyone started posting anime gif's,you are just gathered up a mob and marched in blamleming the 4chaners cos they iz a well persecuted minority innit.

what is wrong with You People?[nb]not you,youre lovely[nb]no i mean it,i facking love you mate[nb]hic[/nb][/nb][/nb]

Dead kate moss

The spaniels and Supermen pics were acceptable random whimsy that crucially took up a small amount of space. The fat men sunbathing pics were only unleashed after reams of HUGE anime pictures were posted filling up almost entire pages, and polite requests for them to be stopped was met with yet more. The act was clearly provocative and clearly making the statement 'we don't think you can stop us bro.'

Only then was the threat of fat-men-sunbathing-jpeg-based retaliation made, and once provoked further, regrettably carried out. I hope we can all learn something from this, though of course that is unlikely.

x

madhair60

Right, that's all DKM's images ever again blocked.  Good old rudimentary knowledge of how to use a computer!  If only more of us were running something other than a fucking Atari 800.

Yuru Yuri 2 was amazing.

Dead kate moss

Sivead

‎(◕ᴥ◕し)

‎( -  ᴥ -し)

vewy scury

relly weird scary fases

(  u   ᴥ  uし)

( ^ ᴥ ^ し)

madhair60

Dead kate moss

Quote from: Sivead on July 03, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
‎(◕ᴥ◕し)

‎( -  ᴥ -し)

vewy scury

relly weird scary fases

(  u   ᴥ  uし)

( ^ ᴥ ^ し)

Are you playing the victim? These anime threads are quite safe as long as other threads aren't spammed up with huge anime images from people from these threads. Either way it's just the internet x

madhair60

What about normal sized anime images?

You know, a normal sized anime image to you is really impossibly small to everyone else on earth because YOU'RE READING CAB ON A SINCLAIR +3 YOU POOR FUCK

Pedro_Bear

OMGODOKA! WHAT THE FUCK? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I MISSED THE FIRST EPISODE OF YURU YURI♪♪

fuckingstupidCaBandtheirneverendingsocialengineeringdemandsonmytime

I WON'T BE THE COOLEST ZEITGEISTY HIPSTER FOR THE REST OF THE THREAAAAAAD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooohohohoo

And I didn't even get dubs; my metacool... is.... gone

THIS HAS RUINED EVERYTHING, FOREVER

FOREVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Big Jack McBastard

Oh they must focus on Akarin's sister at some point, it's killing me already! A vague reference or two and a flash of her room in the first series was all we got, now a full on glimpse of her back! Omg I almost imagined she'd turn around for a millisecond there.

Nice ep, you knew something was wrong right off that bat, though I expected to see Akarin waking up in a far worse situation than she did after the whole 'barrel ride down the hill into the river' sequence at the back end of the last series.

Still Not George

Sorry, PB. Dunning-Kruger applies to metacool as much as anything else.

In fact, the only thing it applies to more is amateur cognitive science bullshitting... OH FUCK NO

madhair60

What's your favourite anime, SNG? :D  Mine's Hidamari Sketch, probably.

Big Jack McBastard

I still haven't watched Hidamari Sketch, I know, I know, I'll get on to it.

That'll be the first of the mountain I have to dig into.

Pedro_Bear

Goddamit! Fate is conspiring against me.

I have all three subgroups, that streaming link, and even a RAW, and I still can't find 24 uninterrupted minutes for Yuru-ing out!

This:

bloody set me back these last ten minutes. And I can already see six or seven gif to be made before we even get to this point! It's only the OP!

I now have the crazy urge to make the background transparent gaaaaahhrrhh WILL I NEVER SEE AKARI'S SISTER??!

So... so far, the pre-credits sequence and the OP is good. I personally prefer the tune to S1's OP, but the animation is a lot more ambitious and thus far more entertaining. May have to update in five minute chunks as I go along over the course of the next few days.