Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Request your BBC7 comedy MP3s here!

Started by Pinball, June 26, 2004, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NattyDread

Quote from: "Pinball"I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue - 11th April 1972 first ever episode - BBC7 190704.mp3
;-)

Alert:
QuoteBBC7: The World of Pete and Dud  

Wed 21 Jul, 23:00 - 23:45  45 mins

Pete and Dud performing some of their greatest sketches from A Bit of a Chat to Art Gallery. [Rptd Thursday 4.30am]

Thanks for that, Pinball.
Just listened to Pete and Dud through the listen again feature. Top notch.

Pinball

I'll have it shared later today on Soulseek. In fact I'm MP3ing most of the BBC7 comedy (mono), together with Radio 4 (stereo) - mostly the daily 6.30pm slot for the latter, although there are occasional others on R4 like the Pam Ayres poetry programme and the Clement Freud 3-parter on old age.

axel

Not BBC 7, but BBC 6 has a great Spinal Tap documentary on tonight at 9.30pm (actually started last night). Anyone recording them?

It might be on here, but i can't listen to the link at work:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/6music_promo.shtml

Pinball

Quote from: "axel"Not BBC 7, but BBC 6 has a great Spinal Tap documentary on tonight at 9.30pm (actually started last night). Anyone recording them?

It might be on here, but i can't listen to the link at work:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/6music_promo.shtml
I'm at full capacity with comedy on BBC7 & R4, but maybe someone else can. Have you considered buying a Bug? ;-)

phalmachine

Saturday Night Fry is on tomorrow at 11pm.  That might be popular with some people on here. Or is it old news, I think I've downloaded some of them from this site before.  Also right before that there is The Mark Steel Revolution, that's usually worth a listen.  

Don't download them just for me though, I've got got good old Freeview and a VHS.

Pinball

I'm MP3ing most comedy output from BBC7 & R4 for the foreseeable future (N.B. BBC7 is mono though), until I get tired & shagged out doing it anyway ;-)

TotalNightmare

Quote from: "phalmachine"Saturday Night Fry is on tomorrow at 11pm.  That might be popular with some people on here. Or is it old news, I think I've downloaded some of them from this site before.  Also right before that there is The Mark Steel Revolution, that's usually worth a listen.  

Don't download them just for me though, I've got got good old Freeview and a VHS.

please someone grab night fry as i lost my copies a while ago and would love to replace it..

help an old army pal, would ya?

Pinball

Just get yeself Soulseek and check out my BBC7 selection folder (username Pinballsoul).

Neil

Have you been grabbing the Brian Appleton shows Pinball?  I managed to catch most of tonights one, wonderful to hear that Smiths song again.  Ack, damn shame I can't seem to encode from my Freeview box, it'd be nice to have a good Stereo capture.  Maybe I could run it into my video and try from there.

Pinball

Quote from: "Neil"Have you been grabbing the Brian Appleton shows Pinball?  I managed to catch most of tonights one, wonderful to hear that Smiths song again.  Ack, damn shame I can't seem to encode from my Freeview box, it'd be nice to have a good Stereo capture.  Maybe I could run it into my video and try from there.
Yes I have all of them (and shared). Do you have a minidisk recorder Neil? You could record from Freeview with that then plug it in PC.

Neil

Quote from: "Pinball"Yes I have all of them (and shared).

Hooray, niec one!

QuoteDo you have a minidisk recorder Neil? You could record from Freeview with that then plug it in PC.

No, sadly not.  What I'm thinking though is that I could run the lead in from my bedroom Freeview box and connect it to the video recorder that's sitting here in the living room. Then if the video recorder picks up the Freeview channel I could just encode from that like I normally do, so it'd still be a live signal, rather than recording to VHS and then encoding from there.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "Neil"No, sadly not.  What I'm thinking though is that I could run the lead in from my bedroom Freeview box and connect it to the video recorder that's sitting here in the living room. Then if the video recorder picks up the Freeview channel I could just encode from that like I normally do, so it'd still be a live signal, rather than recording to VHS and then encoding from there.

Yeah that'll work cos that's the way I do it.  Just have your VCR set to the AV channel (if you've got your Freeview box and VCR connected together by a SCART lead), and you'll be set.

phalmachine

This all seems very complicated.  All of the previous week's programmes can be found on the website and played through Realplyer:  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/

I hear its pretty easy to 'record' Realplayer streams and convert them to mp3.

The Fanciful Norwegian

The quality of the Realmedia files is pretty shit though. I'm glad Pinball is around to make proper MP3 encodes -- before I was just downloading the Real files to my hard drive with NetTransport, but these sound much, much better.