Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2012/2013

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 01, 2012, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtle Mocking

Lord Sugar ‏@Lord_Sugar 2m
Why is Roy Hodgson's wife complaint about their  new bedroom similar to that of the FA board " Too many draws"

You area pillock Alan.

George Oscar Bluth II

Oh look, he's actually back. Three way title race next year then?

Subtle Mocking

Should be an interesting season, but if Mourinho can sort out Chelsea's consistency, it's all theirs.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He might want to sort out getting three or four top players too.

Would be funny if after all the hero worship and LAMPARD AND TERY ARE MY BOYS he just ends up in the same 4th/5th placed trough.

Subtle Mocking

He's the sort of guy who can perform under-par and people will blame the players. Wouldn't be surprised if he fell out with Roman again within about 2 years.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Who will he buy that will make everyone think 'fuck they're serious now', and excite people? In fact, how much dosh have they got in readies?

Subtle Mocking

Well City have seemingly just landed Jesus Navas so they've got some hot competition with regards to that. Falcao is the big name being thrown around.

Slaaaaabs

Along with the quality Mourinho did bring in a whole lot of shite in his first stint at Chelsea. He also didn't have to content with the other cash rich clubs at that time. It will be interesting to see what approach he takes this time around.

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on June 03, 2013, 07:50:56 PM
Well City have seemingly just landed Jesus Navas so they've got some hot competition with regards to that. Falcao is the big name being thrown around.

Monaco got Falcao officially. How long he'll stay is another matter.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Slaaaaabs on June 03, 2013, 08:15:46 PM
Monaco got Falcao officially. How long he'll stay is another matter.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that. Cavani is another name being knocked around.

George Oscar Bluth II

Chelsea will try and bring in Cavani. What will be interesting is if Jose's allowed to move Torres on or not. Considering the problems the purchase of Shevchenko caused when he was there the first time...

phantom_power

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on June 03, 2013, 07:45:18 PM
He's the sort of guy who can perform under-par and people will blame the players. Wouldn't be surprised if he fell out with Roman again within about 2 years.

He hasn't finished outside the top two since 2002 in four different leagues so I think he probably deserves a bit of grace like that. If he couldn't turn it around after then though, that would be a different matter. He is a ridiculously successful and effective manager. I don't think anyone comes close in terms of success at several clubs in several countries.

Rolf Lundgren

Will win the league next year but will last three years maximum.

I'm talking about Mourinho obviously, not Mark Hughes.

Unoriginal

Going to throw my top four in already even though it will probably end up being wrong:

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Spurs

Arsenal fifth, Liverpool sixth, Everton seventh ...

Pellegrini is a seriously good manager. I'm not too sure about the Navas signing but he is a genuine winger, which leads me to think that Cavani will be targeted. Dzeko will almost certainly leave, probably to Dortmund when Lewandowski heads off to Munich. I see Chelsea getting Jovetic.

daveoblivian

I had a bet on Chelsea winning next season at 6 recently,. i quite fancy them. they're down to 3.5 best price now which i think is more like it. hard to call next season which makes it very interesting!

Hank Venture

Navas is amazing. Really good. But I'm still not sure on the transfer, due to his ridiculous homesickness, he's had to leave Spain training camps because of it. Moving to another country might be a step to far.

daveoblivian

Navas is a funny one. Seemed to have some issues like Hank mentioned. He has traveled and stuff since then though. Also, there's a stats that he's taken by far the most shots out of all players who failed to score in (I think) the top five leagues in Europe. His goals-per-game ratio is really poor versus almost any comparable player, he's undoubtedly talented but when you're spending that kind of money on a 27 year old...

Hank Venture

Agüero > Negredo

Might be a trust issue, I don't know. But Navas is a bastard for beating his man, always seem to get past. With Tevez or Agüero (or maybe even Cavani) lurking in the box, I can see Navas racking up quite a few assists this year.

boki

Take it to the new thread, you retro dinosaurs with your Rubik cubes.

holyzombiejesus

the new thread was started too early. It should have been opened when the fixtures come out. So, until then, I'm staying put.