Author Topic: Mubi.com  (Read 20725 times)

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
Re: Mubi.com
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2021, 11:26:29 AM »
I have to say I've been using this noticeably less since the urgency of films expiring has gone away. Stopped checking it. I realise this is entirely my own problem though.

shagatha crustie

• Hung a star in the book of liars by your name
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2021, 11:29:14 PM »
Nah me too. I'm sure there was a good reason for changing the model, but something about the time limit made me engage more often. Feels a bit like arty netflix now.

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2021, 03:00:55 AM »
There's still a lot of films that do expire, though. And for me personally I only signed up for three months, so that's my time limit!

Lost Oliver

• Silver Member
  • Not while she's got Medicine Head on the phone
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2021, 09:16:28 AM »
I agree.

Although, the layout seems to havre remained the same on my PS4. It's only when I visit it on my laptop does it look different.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2021, 11:36:37 AM »
I'm glad they added search to the firetv app, finding a film in one of the categories on computer then trying to find it on app was hard.

« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2021, 08:48:54 PM »
Thanks to the two posters who recommended Digger on the previous page , am curious has anyone seen Dead Pigs or Beginning?

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2021, 09:58:55 PM »
Thanks to the two posters who recommended Digger on the previous page , am curious has anyone seen Dead Pigs or Beginning?

Yes to both. Beginning is more unusual, some pretty slow scenes. I wasn't quite in the mood for it when I watched it.

Dead Pigs has got some dead pigs in it.

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2021, 03:34:58 AM »
Been meaning to see Dead Pigs but you can find it elsewhere so not a priority (trying to make the most of my three-month membership by watching things I can only find on MUBI).

Watched Radu Jude's latest, Uppercase Print. An interesting experiment in juxtaposition of staged police files and statements concerning the case of a teenager charged with political graffiti in Romania vs stock/archival footage of cultural artifacts, programmes, "person on the street" exposés, etc.

Tags: