Author Topic: Mubi.com  (Read 8607 times)

Re: Mubi.com
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2020, 01:43:38 PM »
Cassavetes? I can't see any Cassavetes stuff on there?

Puce Moment

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2020, 02:25:16 PM »
Cassavetes? I can't see any Cassavetes stuff on there?

Looks like it is archived for now! Do you use VPN to see other countries' line-up?

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2020, 07:02:13 PM »
I do!

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2020, 12:12:39 PM »
Do yourselves a favour and watch Sun in the Last Days of the Shogunate if you haven't. Wonderful Japanese comedy gem I'm pleased to see on there. Written by Shôhei Imamura with all the sharp black humour he's so great at.

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2020, 07:15:07 PM »
Do yourselves a favour and watch Sun in the Last Days of the Shogunate if you haven't. Wonderful Japanese comedy gem I'm pleased to see on there. Written by Shôhei Imamura with all the sharp black humour he's so great at.

I watched Our Town by th esame director the other day and enjoyed that.  A story that spanned 4 decades in less than two hours but never felt rushed.  Impressively obscure too: no Wikipedia entry and while it is on IMDb the cast are listed by name only, without their characters; no user reviews and just one external review.

Inspector Norse

• nothing here is required
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2020, 11:20:17 PM »
I signed up (rejoined - I had it back in the day when they had a wide range of films) and have just watched the impressive Italian documentary Selfie; is that available in the UK? Two teens in Camorra-run Naples, handed an iPhone and asked to document their daily lives, in the aftermath of an innocent acquaintance’s fatal shooting by a policeman in a case of mistaken identity. A really interesting look at people trying to grow up and live an ordinary life in the shadow of crime, violence and death.

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2020, 12:36:51 AM »
Anybody see Chaotic Ana?  It was taken off at midnight so you've missed it now, but I thought it was one of those rare films that got better as it went along.  It didn't make a great deal of sense and the ending was spectacularly unpleasant, but on the whole it was a movie which more or less worked for me.  The longer it went on the more I wanted to find out where it was leading.

Tags: