Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Any fans of Terraria wanna share a few tips?

Started by Hangthebuggers, July 20, 2012, 09:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

Bought this gem a of game a year ago. I still play it once a month or so for a bit of a stint. I think it's £2.99 on Steam now too.

Anyhoo, for those not in the know - it's a kind of advanced 2d minecraft crossed with Metroid or Castlevania, whereby you arrive in a randomly generated world (or wolds) and can craft, build, explore, dig, fight and find treasure, slowly upgrading over time with better armour, new weapons, better tools and crafting utilities.

I've not advanced very far, I seem to have a few decent magical trinkets such as the cloud jump boots, grappling hook, bombs, a gun (with no ammo) and some golden armour, and I think i now have to start mining for demonite or kill a boss or something, but I keep dying in the corruption and the bosses (eye of cthulhu and that skeleton bloke) seem to take ages.

Maybe i'm missing a weapon or something?

Anyone wanna share some tips?

Big Jack McBastard

It's been a while since I played it but killing floors are handy both in general around your house (especially when the invasion days crop up) and when fighting bosses, a good-ish tip is to mine some 'corruption land' and take it away from the big natural patches of it on the map, then you can plonk it anywhere, up in the sky is an idea as it'll keep the fodder enemies down, once you've got enough you should be able to summon bosses to it rather than fighting on their turf.

You can even make a killing floor out of it to the side of a sizable chunk so you can manage how the fights will go and there's less (to no) chance of being knocked into a massive pit as often happens in the corruption.

Hangthebuggers

Aaah cheers Jack. yeah the bosses are a bit of a pain, although I've just survived a goblin army and made a ton of money. I think I need a better weapon for damage, then I'll work on that killing platform.