Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for a youtube to mp3 converter

Started by Ralph Cifaretto, July 25, 2012, 12:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys,

Do these exist?
Can someone run me quickly through how it works?
And recommend a cheap and reliable one?

Cheers

Cheers guys. Had a quick look at both.

Is the free version ok for altervista? Do you both regularly use (as am concerned safetywise)?

EDIT: Has audacity got a youtube to mp3 converter or is it just record what you hear?

alcoholic messiah

If you already have the capability to save YouTube videos to your hard drive, then FLV Extract is a neat little tool for extracting the raw audio stream into a separate file, without any re-encoding (and potential loss in quality).

Also available in command-line flavour, for increased techy bragging rights.

Quote from: alcoholic messiah on July 25, 2012, 12:58:49 AM
If you already have the capability to save YouTube videos to your hard drive, then FLV Extract is a neat little tool for extracting the raw audio stream into a separate file, without any re-encoding (and potential loss in quality).

Also available in command-line flavour, for increased techy bragging rights.

this post i'm seeing a lot of potential.

how do i get this capability to save the vids (a recommendation please)?

alcoholic messiah

Quote from: Ralph Cifaretto on July 25, 2012, 01:01:32 AM
how do i get this capability to save the vids (a recommendation please)?

There are zillions of ways to do it (due to YouTube being generally good eggs, and not excessively obfuscating the direct links to their vids), but my weapon of choice is the DownloadHelper FireFox extension.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Ralph Cifaretto on July 25, 2012, 12:51:20 AMIs the free version ok for altervista? Do you both regularly use (as am concerned safetywise)?

For YouTubeDownloader, yes, the free version is fine.  I use it on occasion, and it's perfectly safe.  The CNET download page for it records 15 million downloads of it, and the previous version had nearly 110 million.  It's a well-known bit of software.

I think the one on their own site is newer, though.

mobias

I use a program called audiohijack. It gives you control over the sound too so you can add/remove bass and treble, remove hiss etc. Invaluable since a lot of the audio on YouTube is dodgy as hell. 

REVEEN!

Download manager JDownloader is good for raping youtube. When it's running you just go to the youtube page you want, then click on the address bar at the top of the browser so it's highlighted, then right click and select copy. JD will then automatically scan the page for all media files and create a download list of what's available (including an mp3 of the audio stream which is tagged .tmp but seems to change to .mp3 after it's downloaded).

You then select the one you want and remove the rest (highlight them, then right click, them select 'remove (x)') then hit 'continue with all', job done.

For conversions I use a prog called Freemake, it'll convert just about anything into just about anything else and is practically idiot proof.

Both these progs are free and seem virus free (I haven't noticed them trying to do anything they shouldn't in the two years I've been using them).

Jim_MacLaine

Yep, downloadhelper is great. I then use WinAVI all in one converter. Works a treat.

Sandow

I've always found Snip MP3 does the job: www.snipmp3.com ; it's the audio counterpart of www.keepvid.com

Cheers everybody.

Will tell everybody the results in about 30 months time when i need to use it ;)

Unoriginal