Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:25:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Itunes help question

Started by Dead kate moss, July 30, 2012, 04:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead kate moss

The other day my Itunes seemed to reset itself - I've switched automatic updates off, but something happened without my knowledge or permission, maybe an update - and all my playlists were gone (don't mind too much about that), and everything I'd added over the last 6 months was not there any more. Though they were was in my Itunes folder, so I had to add them back to the Itunes app. But the last problem, and I have looked at the internet and can't find any answers, is that before I had the Grid View and each artist had its own section - David Bowie, all his albums underneath the header David Bowie - now the only view option is group artists and it just groups them alphabetically, I've got 'A' with all the artists beginning with A, then B, etc. Each artist has one clickable icon, then it goes to List View for all their albums. Not what I want at all. Anyone know what's happened, and how I can get it back to having headings that are the artists name? It's driving me a bit mental.

Ignatius_S

Have you tried selecting 'Group Albums' in the View menu?

Dead kate moss

Aaah - thanks that put me on the right lines - needed the view to be Albums, not Artists, then 'group albums.' Back to normal now, yay. Ta.

dr_christian_troy

Just to add another iTunes problem to the appropriate thread, does anyone else have the issue of trying to play tracks on your computer you bought from another computer, asked for verification to authorise the track, type in your password, but nothing happens and it just continues to ask for you to verify it, meaning a hefty proportion of your tracks are inaccessible, despite claims your 'computer is already authorised'?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Dead kate moss on July 30, 2012, 04:33:04 PM
Aaah - thanks that put me on the right lines - needed the view to be Albums, not Artists, then 'group albums.' Back to normal now, yay. Ta.

No problem!

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on July 30, 2012, 04:33:54 PM
Just to add another iTunes problem to the appropriate thread, does anyone else have the issue of trying to play tracks on your computer you bought from another computer, asked for verification to authorise the track, type in your password, but nothing happens and it just continues to ask for you to verify it, meaning a hefty proportion of your tracks are inaccessible, despite claims your 'computer is already authorised'?

This might be a silly question, but were all the tracks bought using the the same account?

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Ignatius_S on July 30, 2012, 05:06:33 PM
No problem!

This might be a silly question, but were all the tracks bought using the the same account?

Not all of them, although this was confirmed more so by putting all the 'protected' files into one playlist and going through them individually - some work, whilst others come up with the same need for authorisation.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on July 30, 2012, 05:12:17 PM
Not all of them, although this was confirmed more so by putting all the 'protected' files into one playlist and going through them individually - some work, whilst others come up with the same need for authorisation.

As I say, it might have been a silly question, but that's often the reason!

IIRC the cache can cause these types of problems, so try resetting it.