Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Awful Awfully New Newer Cricket Cricketing Thread

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 04, 2012, 06:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thraxx

Phil Neville speaking to Agnew on TMS:

"You are one lucky people"

rjd2

Crikey, Ali is a bit of a toilet against proper pace isn't he? Concerning.

Aaron is raw, but seeing as for reasons unknown they won't want to play Yadev in test cricket but save himself for white ball cricket which he is shite at. they should stick with him.

Good morning for India, but they are still really behind in this game. Nice chance for Buttler to prove his class here as well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Aaron is great fun. It should just be the law that he plays. Pity the rain is here.

Quality bouncers, yorkers and a classic fast bowler temperament.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

'Its a test match not an under 12s match so player safety is an issue' - umpire tucker

One of the more garbled arguments for not playing cricket ever.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

'Theres a huge puddle on the field' would have done fine

FredNurke

I hope they then sent on some sacrificial under-12s to drown and thereby appease the rain gods.

Nobody Soup

rjd2

Never thought I would say this, but India for the first time in decades, its safe to say have a much superior fast bowling attack with more depth than Pakistan, and yeah even then I admit the India bowling attack is pretty bloody raw.

Aaron, Yadev, Ishant (if fixed) Bhuvi, while Pakistan only really have Junaid who only his mum would call world class at this moment in time.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-south-africa-2014/engine/match/736435.html

South Africa v Zimbabwe in a one off test. Pleased to see Saffers have tried Peidt, he may not make it, but time to move on from Tahir.

rjd2

Oh and yeah Kumar is a machine, is their any chance he could finish his career averaging 60?

rjd2

Yeah nice knock Dhoni in the first innings, but wow he has been so bad in every aspect apart from that.

173 ahead at lunch, Broad and Woakes should go hard in the second session, get them back in quickly and see if Broad and Anderson can knock a few over before end of the day.

Nobody Soup

holy crap india have been awful. yeah, they did worse than this in 2011 but at least the really bad final tests came on the back of england just being brilliant and the series being over in 2 tests. india were playing reall well and have just turned to shit in the blink of an eye while the competition was still alive.

rjd2

This is disgraceful from India.

Abysmal for the last 2 tests.

Its a special effort to lose a test in 3 days when the second day is nearly all washed out and Broad can't bowl for the second innings.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah got to agree, they had England on the rack, and the decision to bat first here was hubristic, especially given 4 of the 6 batsmen were in no form. That doesn't excuse the gutless display we've just seen here, you'd expect that shit from the likes of West Indies/Bangladesh.

England selectors will be sending the BCCI thank yous for easing our spinner into test cricket nicely.

Just noticed Zimbabwe are playing South Africa. Brendan Taylor still plugging away virtually on his own.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dhoni gone.

Amazing how continually arrogant a section of India's fans seem to be about their chances. A whole hatful of the cunts at work convinced they were going to win this series. Some of them even openly laughed at the idea they were going to lose. It's been the same on the chatrooms/social media feeds, the level of delusion is frightening and no amount of losing seems to change it. Excuse me, when's the last time you did anything in England? I gave it 2-1 to England which seemed to make sense. It was the same last time they came over.

Absolute dog shit.

Mr Eggs

What a shower of bollocks India's batting is.

TMS highlight: Peter Reid drunk and pissed up on booze at the tea interval.

rjd2

They needed a comedy run out just to complete the awfulness.

No real point in speculating about replacements for next test except Ishant for Pankaj if fit. To many of their batsmen most notably Kohli and Pujara out of form, nobody on the sidelines going to add anything.

Nobody Soup

I'd drop kohli for the next test if they had someone worth putting in (chand, pandey or the like), long term he's obviously still going to be a part of their plans but there is no point continuing with him this series, he's been utter dog turd. luckily for him, but not his average, I don't see anyone in the squad that would be worth chucking him for.

also, probably just put Dhawan back in as well, if Dhawan is not the answer at the top it's certainly not Gambhir either.

Mr Eggs

Oooofff.

Fucked in 3 days.

33 for one at tea with monsoon forecast.

Painful.

weirdbeard

Well that was a right destruction. 9 wickets in one session? That was worse than anything India gave last time round in England, which wasn't a lot.

rjd2

Quote from: Nobody Soup on August 09, 2014, 06:16:37 PM
I'd drop kohli for the next test if they had someone worth putting in (chand, pandey or the like), long term he's obviously still going to be a part of their plans but there is no point continuing with him this series, he's been utter dog turd. luckily for him, but not his average, I don't see anyone in the squad that would be worth chucking him for.

also, probably just put Dhawan back in as well, if Dhawan is not the answer at the top it's certainly not Gambhir either.

Yeah Gambhir and Dhawan, its a pretty bleak selection choice isn't it? I would be shocked if either do fuck all next test anyways.

Totally agreed with Kohli, he is not a flatrack bully as some are suggesting, he got runs in Australia when they got hammered last time around and was very good in NZ and SA, but he is a walking wicket at the moment. They won't call up anyone, if they were to drop him they may play Ojha. Better keeper than Dhoni (not saying much) but in great form recently for India A.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/engine/match/735779.html

Beast against spin as well,so Ali would be in trouble, but not much cop against pace though!

George Oscar Bluth II

Haha, the forecast is literally for rain all through tomorrow (with a bonus weather warning) AND on Monday.

They fucked it completely.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is it The Oval next? Hmm Dhoni is going to have to bat first in the knowledge that Anderson has Gambhir and Dhawan on toast, Pujara and Kohli are in no form at all. It's usually a decent batting wicket for three and a half days, then reverse swing and spin come heavily into play.

They are starting to look a right ragtag bunch.

Going to upgrade my forecast to 3-1 England so long as Broad and Anderson are fit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wow, shouldn't have worried about Pakistan suddenly looking good, the last 3 days of this test have been a crock of shit, ending in trying to outdo India for incompetence. Azhar Ali the only man to show any bottle.

rjd2

It was Adelaide 2006 all over again for Pakistan.  It was a small enough deficit so while obviously you don't go into t20 mode, you still should play somewhat positively and get enough runs to ensure you don't lose.

The skies opened up as well just as it ended, which makes it all more painful for Pakistan fans.

How they struggled against Herath and how absurd India have played Ali, their really is not that many sides who can boss international spin these days is their?

Nobody Soup

angelo mathews becoming a legitimate test beast is one of the most notable things to happen this year, if wasn't for sharing a line up with sangakkara who has been playing unbelievable cricket lately I'd he was my player of the year so far, something I never saw coming. hope it's not a temporary flash, he's only 27 and genuinely seems like he could become of the worlds premier batsmen right now.

even the way he came out and just fucked the target off in 13 balls was impressive.

rjd2

He averages close to 80 or something crazy with the bat since been made captain doesn't he? Captaincy clearly done wonders for him. I still worry that tactically he may be dodgy though, he was a mess a few tests ago when Pakistan chased down 300 odd in 2 sessions, but hopefully that gets better, he will still have Kumar to help on the pitch for another year or so I reckon.

But yeah probably one of the best batsmen in the world at the moment.

EOLAN

Coming close to the 99.94 pages required to lock this thread.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What should we call the new thread?

The Lou Vincent/Danesh Kaneria Memorial Thread?