Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cockneys Vs Zombies

Started by VegaLA, August 04, 2012, 08:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

Or Shaun of the dead 2!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?client=mv-google&layout=tablet&utcoffset=-420&v=eH3p-giK1MU&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Findex%3Fdesktop_uri%3D%252F%26gl%3DUS

Either way worth it to see Richard Briers have at it with an Uzi. Danny Dyer must have been lending his talents to GTA V to miss this one.

Ignatius_S

Dudley Sutton is in it as well.

According to one of my friends, the script is far worse than one would assume.

Small Man Big Horse

It does look laughably bad, but the scripts co-written by James Moran of Severance and Doctor Who fame, and the cast looks a lot of fun. I'll probably watch it when it comes out on dvd, with the aid of alcohol, and it might be enjoyable. But that's about as enthusiastic as I can get about it.

Glebe

Briers killing zombies... who'd have thunk it?!

Mini

I love the poster, but the trailer just feels too sub Shaun of the Dead. That's the high water mark for zombie comedies and this looks too similar, so will probably suffer in comparison. I'd like to see it though because it looks fun enough, and zombies are zombies.

babyshambler

I've been enjoying zombie stuff for ages now and didn't share the 'zzzzzzombies' attitude displayed on here by many, but I think I just hit that wall. Isn't that just Shaun 2, though, with nowt else going for it? I bet Pegg and Frost are turning in their graves.

MuteBanana

Should've left out the young people. I love the idea of a bunch of OAPs from a care home taking on a zombie invasion.

SteveDave

This is going to be the polar opposite of Shaun Of The Dead in that it'll be a zombie film in London but this time it'll be Big Ben, Houses Of Parliament, red phoneboxes & there'll be a zombie Queen or Beefeater at some point.

Mini

The joke of old people shooting big guns was done in Hot Fuzz and was never that great anyway

Small Man Big Horse

I watched it tonight and was definitely too harsh on it before. It doesn't do much new, but the characters are fun (Michelle Ryan especially, surprisingly), it moves along at a fast pace, and there's lots of delightful hacking and slashing.

VegaLA

I saw this Friday night and was disapointed they didn't add anything new to the mix. The trailer is pretty much what you get. I also spent too much time noting actors from my TV youth.

5/10, shame really.

tookish

Someone who used to bully me at school is an extra in this film. Fie on't.

Hangthebuggers

I watched this expecting complete trashy rubbish and it's exactly that.

It doesn't really compare to Shaun of the dead at all (as that was a well balanced movie, well acted and quite fun) - this on the other hand was trashy, fast paced and seemed to verge between shock/horror style gore, with shitty 'lock stock' type dialogue and very few sympathetic characters.

Queneau

I have no idea why I watched this earlier. It's actually worse than I thought it would be. A nothing plot constructed around a series of nothing characters. Not even mildly amusing or enjoyable.

Jemble Fred

I really enjoyed the set-up, meeting the characters etc. But then it became increasingly clear that there were going to be zombies turning up, so it went off.

Fuck zombies in every possible way.[nb]See also: Pirates and Ninjas.[/nb] Even the word is almost enough to command instant sleep. I felt I could try and hack it this time, but nope, just can't face the fucking CHORE of another cinematic zombie apocalypse.

That said, having a 17th century plague pit seal being broken open by builders as the reason for your dull-o-vision zombie apocalypse is without doubt the single best reason ever.

Catalogue Trousers

Is that what kicks it off in the film, Jemble? Because that's exactly how the rather neat multi-authored book Zombie Apocalypse kicks off...

Jemble Fred

Yeah, two wacky builders – one of which might be Gary Beadle, if memory serves – discover a tomb door on a building site, break it open and go in to investigate (think the opening sequence from Creep, with Ken Campbell) and then a shuffling skeletal zombie thing bites into one, and it goes from there.

Where it goes from there, I will never know. But I'm sure guns and shit are involved.

phantom_power

I don't know if I need to spoiler Cockneys Vs Zombies but SPOILERZ anyway...

Too many people survived, the zombies were a bit shit and never seemed much of a threat and there weren't enough quality kills. It's is a shame as the characters and set up were good, but it was let down by the execution

Queneau

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 14, 2012, 01:12:40 AM
Is it better than Doghouse?

It somehow manages to worse even than that.