Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:53:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tommy Wiseau must be a hoax

Started by Hank Venture, August 07, 2012, 09:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 25, 2013, 04:00:57 AM
I love the Blu-rizzle cover

This t-shirt is a bit on the nose, mind

I've got the Blu-Ray and a couple of friends have that T-shirt (as well as Johnny talking bobble-heads and a plush toy "Doggie" (spelled "Dogeee")).

The Blu-Ray is definitely worth owning.  I didn't think 1080p would do anything for the definition of a poorly-shot film, but honestly it's a whole new experience.  You notice tiny things like Denny's hairy arms (like the kid turning into a monkey in 'Jumanji'), Lisa's neck foetus and Tommy himself looks all the more horrifying - like somebody's dumped porridge into a sausage casing.  The extras are only okay, but just having the film in HD worth the price alone.  It's also hilarious that the blurb has clearly been written by Wiseau himself, complete with weird phrasing and grammatical errors.

Can't explain why Tommy's decided to smudge his eyes on the new cover, though.

REMOVED PHOTO DUE TO PARANOID FRIEND

phantom_power

Why is he underwater on that BR cover?

Noodle Lizard

phantom_power

for being out of his depth as a director?

Cohaagen

That Blu-Ray cover is amazing. The badly 'shopped eyes make it, and Wiseau looks like an alien plotting his conquest of Los Angeles, where Noodle Lizard lives.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Cohaagen on June 25, 2013, 08:40:57 PM
That Blu-Ray cover is amazing. The badly 'shopped eyes make it, and Wiseau looks like an alien plotting his conquest of Los Angeles, where Noodle Lizard lives.

It's San Francisco.  Good gag, otherwise.

Noodle Lizard

The book Greg Sestero (aka Mark) wrote about the circumstances surrounding 'The Room' just came out, and it's so much better than I anticipated.  Really worth picking up - the stories about how he met Tommy and their first few years together are incredible.   You won't find out where Tommy's from, much about his past or how he got his "bottomless fortune", but you'll be more convinced than ever that he is, indeed, an alien.

Any of you got it, then?

Theremin

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on October 05, 2013, 10:14:20 PMYou won't find out where Tommy's from, much about his past or how he got his "bottomless fortune",

Do you reckon there's any truth to the rumour he got his funds from criminal ventures?

I always preferred the story that he got his funds from being a senile old heiress' toyboy, but it's probably not true.

SteveDave

You can ask him next year at the Prince Charles Cinema

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/indexreview.php?searchtext=the+room&display=s&submit=search+films

I think it's next February but the dates aren't on the website yet.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Theremin on October 05, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
Do you reckon there's any truth to the rumour he got his funds from criminal ventures?

I always preferred the story that he got his funds from being a senile old heiress' toyboy, but it's probably not true.

Actually, his history is more or less explained throughout the last quarter of the book.  Carefully-worded to avoid legal ramifications, possibly, and still obviously not entirely true, but I think it's about as close as we're gonna get.

Famous Mortimer

Anyone who pre-ordered Greg Sestero's book will be getting it a month earlier than expected, according to the email I just got. So it looks like next week now - if you've not already ordered it, it looks like a gem.

Noodle Lizard

Huh?  Is it not out there in that Britain yet?

But yeah, it's worth looking forward too.  Even without the Wiseau angle, it's a good cautionary tale and says a lot about the film industry, or any artistic venture really, that probably resonates with most people to some extent.  It's a lot more profound than I was expecting it to be in that regard as he could very easily have just settled for fan-pleasing Wiseauisms and anecdotes.  He does do a bit of that, but not to its detriment considering all the other stuff in there.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit jumbled - I have a broken keyboard and have to copy-paste letters every now and then, which makes brain not work good.

Petey Pate

Sounds absolutely brilliant, and right up my street.  Cheers for bringing it up!

Obel

Thanks for the reminder about the book, I read the first few pages on Amazon and ordered immediately. I'm too much of a fan to not own it, especially as I've watched The Room more than most films I think are actually great.

Is the blu ray still available these days?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Obel on October 08, 2013, 10:55:29 AMIs the blu ray still available these days?

Yes (as far as I know).  I got it from a music/video store here, but it should be on amazon or, failing that, certainly from 'The Room' website.  It's really worth getting if you're a fan.

Quote from: Obel on October 08, 2013, 10:55:29 AMI've watched The Room more than most films I think are actually great.

Yes.  I think this and 'The Big Lebowski' are the only films I can more or less watch on a loop and never tire of it.