Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Sightseers'

Started by Bored of Canada, August 13, 2012, 12:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Mini on April 12, 2013, 02:28:12 AM
My favourite bit is Alice Lowe writing a heartfelt letter with a comedically oversized pencil.

Yeah, that was hilarious. Mainly because of its naturalism, rather than any Vic & Bob style random surrealism.

"That's not my vagina!"

billtheburger

Although I believe Kill List is the better film, you can add me as another Sightseers fan.

It had parts of stunning cinematography allowing us to see the magnificent sights around Northern England.
The humour, even when scatological, really worked. There are some fascinating, reusable lines that'll probably do my wife's head in within the next few months.
The choice to have an implausible, ridiculous, story filmed in the gritty, almost documentary, (non-Richard Curtis) British style created juxtaposition that pleases this viewer's reality tunnel. 
In addition, the owl motifs and use of the two versions of Season of the Witch, for each characters first murders, both nodded towards an esoteric underpinning of the pilgrimage that is never mentioned (and probably doesn't exist) giving more depth to just the sights seen on screen.

Bleeding Kansas

Quote from: Mini on April 12, 2013, 02:28:12 AM
My favourite bit is Alice Lowe writing a heartfelt letter with a comedically oversized pencil.

There is a similar bit before this, that I find just as funny, where the male character stays late at the pub so she ends up throwing the dinner she made for them into an open-mouthed cartoon dog bin. The image of her aggressively catapulting the ruined food into the dog's friendly welcoming face is quite amusing.

SteveDave

Quote from: Bleeding Kansas on April 24, 2013, 12:39:48 PM
There is a similar bit before this, that I find just as funny, where the male character stays late at the pub so she ends up throwing the dinner she made for them into an open-mouthed cartoon dog bin. The image of her aggressively catapulting the ruined food into the dog's friendly welcoming face is quite amusing.

Coupled with her pouring wine right up to the top of the wine glass.

MuteBanana

I laughed out loud at the Mum, paranoid her daughter was doing a runner with an unsuitable man, seeing them off with a sneery "You'll be back."

BlodwynPig

Just watched Down Terrace - a great film and enjoyed the Extras - particularly the amazing wizards!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLCpUlrRZi0