Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2012 Final: Crabwalk Vs Miles

Started by Crabwalk, August 17, 2012, 11:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oooh, are we complete?

My love is for Crabwalk's opener. The rest was tit for tat, so I'll have to angstily award my vote to the Crabwalk.

selectivememory

Argh! It's a tough decision, but I agree that Crabwalk's opener is the decisive factor.

gmoney

Amazing game, thanks to the both of you. Crabwalk just edges it.

Big Jack McBastard

Crabwalk has provided a brilliant cavalcade of mental[nb]in every sense[/nb] imagery over the last two months. Ideas well married together crafted into very professional looking pics and so much condensed into them. (I liked his second two, the Batman/Noel Fielding followed by the poster were knockouts)

Miles, as always, reaped through the crop with his razor sharp battleaxe made of comics and posters, then had a fag and waited for the other finalist to turn up.

Frightening opponents, Just as well no-one's taking odds, I'd have had cash on Nuclear Optimism as the new Wrongblood.

Thursday

I thought Crabwalk was just going to win it, but Miles has just edged it with Studio Ginsberg

Jemble Fred

Both great, but I too go for Crabwalk. But for the second shot, not the first. Such a neat concept.

Well done and that.

BlodwynPig

Tighter than a cat's sphinxter, but Crabwalk gets it

Black Ship

greencalx

It feels rude to express a preference, but Crabwalk's opener made me laugh the most which is what tips it in the end. But all the shots were brilliant.

Gradual Decline

Johnny Yesno

It took me ages to get Miles's cat/walnut whip shot and even longer to spot this:

I notice the Japanese text is different - is the text in Miles's shot nonsensical?

I was going to vote Crabwalk for his mighty batman shot, which is absolutely brilliant, but Miles deserves kudos for being an artist.

I vote Miles.

Cerys

This was really difficult to decide, but in the end I'll go with Crabwalk for the excellent text warping skills in his 'lost cat' shot.

AsparagusTrevor

Brilliant final for a brilliant tournament. All the shots were very well executed, clever and funny.
By the slightest of margins, I think Crabby just edges it.

Small Man Big Horse

A stunning game, as everyone else has mentioned, but Crabwalk made me laugh slightly more than Miles. So Crabwalk gets my vote.

sproggy

Both extremely witty and technically excellent... Miles by half a pixel.

DocDaneeka

I really want to vote "MilesCrabsboth!" but I guess I'll go for Miles.

Lee Van Cleef

ziggy starbucks

Miles' shots all tournament have been first class, as have Crabwalk's.

To choose one is like having to pick your favoured child, allowing the other one to be tragically and horrifically gassed. However in this final I choose Crabwalk. His Ginsburg one is just awesome, the amount of text warping/fiddling must have been enormous to make it look so natural. Its also a brilliant concept. Apologies Miles

In tribute to Miles' impending defeat I made this for him

here Miles is having his liver picked out like the Greek Titan Prometheus. The eagle is a 5 (five) headed beast, representing his 5 (five) finals. One head has been removed and thrown upon the ground, the head of DocDaneeka who is the only person to have ever lost in a final to Miles. The remaining 4 (four) heads are busy devouring the organ (Crabwalk, Santa's Boyfriend, Lookalike Mark Chapman & me).

Crabwalk

I'm glad people appreciate the immense time and effort it took to make the Ginsberg poster look realistic using text warping and 3D mapping. Others might've been tempted just to print the image out on A4, scrunch it up a bit, pin it to a lamp post, take a photo of it and then add the aged texture after.

But not me, honest.

Lyndon

Thanks for all the entertainment guys, you are inspirations. I vote Crabwalk this time.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Crabwalk on August 25, 2012, 11:55:43 PM
I'm glad people appreciate the immense time and effort it took to make the Ginsberg poster look realistic using text warping and 3D mapping. Others might've been tempted just to print the image out on A4, scrunch it up a bit, pin it to a lamp post, take a photo of it and then add the aged texture after.

But not me, honest.

THANKS FOR RUINING THE MAGIC, TOSSPOT

I still vote for crabwalk though

hummingofevil

First shot: 10   9.5

Second shot: 9.5.     9

Third shot: 9.   10

Equal on points. So... Miles as I love the Ghibli Ginsberg so much.

Holf Rarris

*snfft snffft*I'm back after being in Animal A&E with my namesake. What a bugger.

I prefer Miles

Jim_MacLaine

Crabwalk's opener was superb but for the pure artistry of his first return I vote for Miles.

Well done to you both.

Consignia

Thursday

In light of Crabwalk's revelations, I retain my vote for Miles