Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:00:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2012 Final: Crabwalk Vs Miles

Started by Crabwalk, August 17, 2012, 11:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasp_f15ting

Sorry Crabwalk - your work is stunning and gorgeous..

But Miles.. you are something else. Sheer brilliance great work you get my vote

The Wimblewrong Nazi

The winner of 2012 Wimblewrong is

Crabwalk

Commiserations to Miles

selectivememory

Congrats Crabwalk, and thanks to all competitors who provided me with such great entertainment - there are a lot of talented and funny people hanging around this website. I will certainly be tuning in next year.

Crabwalk

I am gobsmacked! I genuinely had no expectation of even reaching round 2.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and to all my opponents (especially Miles) for inspiring me throughout. Well played to all the competitors this year; there was so much great stuff created and it's extremely humbling to think that I have now been objectively proven better than every single one of you. /BostonCrab

Miles is a true artist and produces images that I'm not sure anyone else on the planet would be capable of. Each shot is always beautiful, inventive and funny, and he never resorts to easy targets[nb]I wish I could claim the same...[/nb]. The Wizard of Oz shot is one of the best pieces of work in any medium that I've seen all year, and I mean that.

Thanks also to the Wimblewrong Nazi and the power behind the throne, Ziggy Starbucks. It can't have been much fun wrestling this tournament into shape for weeks on end, but he's run things brilliant and provided plenty of laughs whilst at it. I hope that he and Nagsworth return as competitors next year as the tournament is poorer without them.

I lurked for a long time here at CaB, lacking the confidence that I could add anything of value with so many talented, smart, funny contributors around. It honestly means a lot to have even these daft little photoshops appreciated.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Cerys

Congratulations Crabwalk!  I for one welcome our new Wimblewrong Overlord!

Crabwalk

Quote from: selectivememory on August 27, 2012, 11:32:44 AM
Congrats Crabwalk, and thanks to all competitors who provided me with such great entertainment - there are a lot of talented and funny people hanging around this website. I will certainly be tuning in next year.

You should take part!

Consignia

Quote from: Crabwalk on August 27, 2012, 12:58:56 PM
You should take part!

A word of advice though to others wishing to take part, everyone here makes it look easy. I thought I'd give it a go, and look what shit that produced.

Miles

A richly deserved win Crabwalk, well played sir!

selectivememory

Quote from: Crabwalk on August 27, 2012, 12:58:56 PM
You should take part!

Ha! Well, it's something to consider. Though I need at least a basic proficiency of the technology before I can participate without feeling utterly ashamed of myself.

Dusty Gozongas

Excellent Wimblewrong and nicely won. What a final!

As has been usual in recent years I waited 'till it was over to check it out proper.  That was an emotional journey...

Most enjoyable.